"Not Ready For a Relationship"

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 11:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

matt_D_2017
    Participant
    July 22, 2017 at 1:39 pm #142943

I met a girl on ok-cupid, I was moving from one state to another and wanted to meet people within the area. I met a girl and we have been talking for about 3 months. We text everyday and facetime everyday. She explained she couldn’t wait to date me and wanted to be in a relationship before we met. I explained to her that I wanted to wait until we met in person to ask her out, so when i finally moved to the new state (about a month ago) I took her out to her favorite restaurant and i asked her out afterward. She said no, that she wasn’t ready for a relationship. She told me she has a lot of baggage and depression. We agreed we needed to slow things down. She used to text me when she wakes up but now claims she is too stubborn to text first. She gets annoyed when I don’t text her and doesn’t flirt as much as she used to. She wants to do hotel as a 3rd date, but sex will make me more emotionally attached and I think i’m ready to move on from her for another girl.

JessC
    Participant
    July 22, 2017 at 2:27 pm #142945

This is too complicated. And it’s only the beginning. Sleeping with her would probably cause more headaches than it is worth. I think you moving on from her would be a good idea. Find a girl who is ready to date and who is excited about being with you.

Anonymous
    July 22, 2017 at 8:40 pm #142951

Quite a lot has come to light in a short space of time. Upon weighing the factors I’d say don’t get intimately involved as based on her previous actions and emotions things could spiral out of control.
    You deserve a fair chance minus the early stage complications.

mikufangirl2007
    Participant
    July 23, 2017 at 1:16 pm #142962

I would not sleep with her, just take things slow, but be sure you are both on the same page and go from there? If they are not ready for a relationship there is really nothing you can do. Just go with the flow why rush things?

Anon33
    Participant
    July 24, 2017 at 11:40 am #142991

I agree with mikufangirl2007. Do not rush into anything and see if you and her can find things you have in common first before getting too serious.