not ready for a relationship now.. but maybe later?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:36 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

joegxrl
    Participant
    March 23, 2014 at 12:36 am #49655

a guy and i went on 2 awesome dates within the same week. very strong chemistry.. same sense of humor. he held my hand during movie. when we went out for dessert after, he would feed me ice cream. when we walk on the street, he would joke “i need to walk on the outside cuz i need to protect you.” no sex. he wasn’t looking for anything physical with me. even tho we talked about meeting again, he turned me down everytime. he tells me he’s stressed out looking for a job. he was going to hang out with me again after his interviews, but i guess they didn’t turn out well. he didn’t want to see me again. he text me “im not ready for anything serious rite now. i need to get my life back on track first. if we had met at a different time, things would have worked out. but i cant be there for any1 rite now, not evn myself. i’ve pretty much pushed every1 away. ur an awesome girl and i really enjoyed hanging out with you. maybe we will meet again? :)” do u think he will reach out to me again?

Ricky
    Ricky
    Participant
    March 24, 2014 at 11:25 am #49666

hello, my name is Ricky from Ghana I’m a student of Ghana international Police school studying I.C.T which i love to prove very much in it am single and 25 years of age i am here for long time friendship and business as well i am a simple person hard working person i will be lovely to meet u online or male me back see you online, – Ricky

johnl
    Participant
    March 25, 2014 at 6:50 pm #49860

I think he will. I believe he is stressed and maybe feels he don’t have enough income at this time to date like he would like to.

johnl
    Participant
    March 25, 2014 at 7:23 pm #49862

He probably is stressed looking for a job and maybe he don’t have the income to date at this time. I bet he comes around once he gets more settled.

KPapaya
    Participant
    March 26, 2014 at 6:24 pm #49925

Honestly, it sounds like he is making excuses in order not to hurt your feelings. I would let him go from your thoughts and continue to smile bright and eventually you will attract a man who sees your beauty.

RCola
    Participant
    March 26, 2014 at 7:28 pm #49927

Maybe, maybe not. Give him his space, everyone goes through phases in their lives when they need to figure out themselves. My bf and I were FWB for 8 months, then I caught feelings and he said he wasn’t ready for a relationship so we just ended all contact. Three months later, I lost my phone, posted on FB for everyone to text me their name and he texted me. We’ve been in a monogomous, committed relationship for around 6 months now. So, you never really know what’s going to happen, but I would say if it’s meant to be, it will.

Link_The_Programmer
    Link_The_Programmer
    Participant
    March 28, 2014 at 5:04 pm #49998

Hmm. Suggestion: Give it more time! I don’t think he is pushing you away… I think he may really have a crisis on his hands. Try, instead of contacting him for when to hang out, try a simple call on the phone again! That will help to ease him back into the relationship! I hope this helped!

theresa
    Participant
    March 30, 2014 at 10:48 pm #50058

sounds like a blow off but if there was chemistry then maybe he will take a step back and return when ready

Zeus
    Zeus
    Participant
    March 31, 2014 at 6:23 pm #50127

He is right, he is not ready for anything serious. This basically means he just wants sex for now. But he isn’t going to say, “I want to get laid”, even though that is exactly what he needs for now.

Do I think he will reach out again? He will.

This time, have sex with him. Expect no relationship yet. He has business to attend to first.

If you are not so inclined, then stop seeing him.