Not sure how to handle or what I want from love life

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

steve123
    Participant
    May 29, 2014 at 3:05 pm #54063

For a while now I’m not sure what I want from my love life. It basically started when I fell in love with one of my friends and was in love with her for about 3 years. I’m over it now but I noticed the way I act and my love life are different. I seem to be skeptical about commitment and am sort of afraid of it because I don’t wanna get hurt and I can’t seem to picture myself in a committed relationship. Everytime I meet a girl who I think is cute or interests me, I expect there to be some sort of spark or subconsciously compare how I want to feel for a girl to what I felt when I was in love for the first time. I know I should probably take things slow if I want to date a girl but I’m afraid that I would be leading her on if I’m not feeling anything which wouldn’t be fair to her. At the same time however, I do get lonely sometimes and wish I had someone special.

steve123
    Participant
    May 29, 2014 at 3:09 pm #54064

I also seem to be more shallow than what I used to be and because of this missed many opportunities with girls. I’m tired of being so hard on myself about this and want to move on from this so any advice so I won’t be afraid of relationships or commitment as well as having high expectations for how I should feel about a girl?

Anonymous
    May 30, 2014 at 12:03 am #54086

That is a natural reaction from a fresh split up from your ex, it feels like the feeling is forever and that you don’t want to trust anymore and if you do you are always skeptical and of course much wiser.