Not sure if friendzoned or being led on

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Med
    Participant
    June 28, 2015 at 6:25 pm #81709

So i met a guy on tinder 3 months ago and we hit it off over texting. We met up and I found him a bit underwhelming. He however continued to text everyday and ask me out again. The thing is i’m in med school and i wasn’t sure about him so school took priority meaning i went two weeks without seeing him. Fast forward 3 months and we’ve seen each other 6 or 7 times. He only snapchats me and never texts. I asked him out the last 4 times.

We hung out last monday. He bought me lunch, we sat and talked on a park bench for 4 hours, and later went out for drinks where i met his friends. We had so much fun. The thing is, he told me he had “sort of started seeing someone” which is okay because to be fair we weren’t exclusive.
    This guy paid for every single dinner/lunch/brunch we had. He drives about half an hour out of his way to come see me and i met his friends.
    Considering we met on tinder, are we just friends? Or his leading me on? Do guy friends normally pay for every meal?

datingninja
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 12:47 am #81852

If a guy is interested he will pay. He’s being a gentleman.

Tinder, Match.com, a bar, the gym, the store…it doesn’t matter where you meet. Anything is possible.

If he’s been hanging out with you for months without making a move he could be shy. You didn’t go into the nature of your relationship in terms of if it got physical or not. Even a kiss.

The best thing you can do is figure out what you want with him and let him know. If you are cool with friends then there you go. Otherwise you will be going in circles. He could be testing you with his “seeing someone” or being honest. That’s for you to decide.

Anonymous
    July 1, 2015 at 11:32 am #81879

he could just be friendly by paying for all the meals. it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s keen just because he pays. particularly if he’s mentioning there being someone else. also the fact that he snap chats and has only met up with you when you’ve asked. i wouldn’t take him seriously. you could just be..a friend

tooshytosay
    tooshytosay
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 2:15 pm #81886

I think it is a red flag that he said he was seeing someone else. Many times I have seen tinder ‘relationships’ go wrong because the people are on different pages. Also, I have had a few guys that pay for my meals, but want nothing more than a good night out. He might have gotten the wrong idea when you didn’t see him for a while and maybe thought you weren’t interested in anything serious either. Regardless of what happened, I would go ahead and talk to him before anything gets too serious.

wingywong
    Participant
    July 3, 2015 at 2:34 pm #81973

hi med if you are looking for a relationship with this man you do not have one and if he says he is sort of seeing someone but you are still willing to ask him out because of it you become his backup girl in case the first person does not work out. and he’s probably paying every meal to ensure you are his backup in case something happens. so as of this moment sounds like are you are just friends/backup girl.