Not sure if I should say something or just walk away

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:16 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

whathowdoi
    Participant
    February 8, 2015 at 8:32 pm #72862

To start off with I should probably just say that I’ve never really had a relationship as such (senior in high school). I’ve had several girls (that I found attractive) come on to me over the years but various things kept me from reciprocating (when I would have been interested or was interested). Probably the only healthy one was when I realized that I was an obvious rebound….I had a bit of a complex about wanting who I can’t have stemming from a lack of self-esteem until recent years. Anyway, sorry to get off track.

So there is this girl, let’s call her Lynn. I talked to her quite a bit for a short time at the end of my sophomore year (she was a freshman at the time). Last year we had no classes together but this year we do have a class. This year I always sort of felt like we had a certain amount of romantic tension (kinda hate that term but whatever)…nothing too obvious because she is a pretty reserved person; just like a certain kind of smiles and looks, you know. (to be cont

whathowdoi
    Participant
    February 8, 2015 at 8:38 pm #72863

I was never really sure if I was misreading something so I never acted on this. Back in December, though, we were talking after a drama show and I really got the impression that she was interested in me. I asked her out the next week, got a “sure” and was quite happy with myself until she sent me a text ending in “Great! Who else is coming?”
    I agonized over that quite a bit. Was I unclear in asking her out, and was she checking to see if this was a date, which she wanted? Or was I just misinterpreting things and she genuinely just assumed we were hanging out as friends?
    I ended up backtracking, inviting other people hastily, etc. I sort of regret that but I’ve never had an easy time making myself vulnerable. Lately more and more she has been seeming sort of distant towards me, and I think (or want to think) that it’s because she was interested in me and then we didn’t go out like she wanted. I can’t tell if this is fantasy or a plausible thought….I have been thinking of just talking

whathowdoi
    Participant
    February 9, 2015 at 8:53 am #72864

to her and being straight-up about everything but I can’t figure out if that is delusional or emotionally honest.
    Sorry for the walls of text.

sandramangut
    sandramangut
    Participant
    February 12, 2015 at 7:34 am #73270

Well try talking to her and see what se has to say especially this valentine period take her out and hear what she will say. One thing learnt in lfe is that we should never jump into conclusion until we are sure of what happened okay.

GIJoe1986
    GIJoe1986
    Participant
    February 18, 2015 at 12:52 pm #73672

I don’t know if you have resolved this or not but my advice is simple and straight forward….Talk to her tell her how you feel about her and see where it leads. The worst that can happen is she says no and I assure you after it happens it isn’t so bad but talk to Lynn and let her know how you feel about her…

mpenney
    Participant
    February 18, 2015 at 9:28 pm #73684

go for it