Not sure if she likes be back, opinions?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 11:02 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

westrobert1
    Participant
    June 23, 2014 at 12:36 pm #55959

This girl is pretty outgoing, she will pretty much talk to any guy, when i come around its almost as though she tries to play safe and makes small talk. The other day she asked me to go to the games. I went and she didnt say a whole lot just little stuff and sat right in front of me on the bleachers with her friend. The following night i went as well, i was standing in a group with my friends laughing and i saw her and her friend walk by, she looked over toward me and said something to her friend and kept walking. A few months ago I asked her friend “hey does she like me and she said as far as i know she hasn’t liked you, but would you date her if she did?” However a few months before that my friend asked her friend so does she like him? and her response was “its confidential” like its so hard to know whats going on, especially when she says she wants to come with me to get something to eat sometime. What do you think?

Anonymous
    June 23, 2014 at 5:28 pm #55991

You must be in high school yes? or junior high? The wonderful games at that age. Sounds like she likes you and just isn’t wanting to admit to it. She is probably just playing the game of sort of being interested as it would not be so cool if she were to totally be an easy catch for you. Why don’t you ask her out? If you like her, then take her on a date somewhere….go for a walk and get some ice cream, go do something together where it is just the 2 of you so you can get to know each other without the distractions of games and other people. Then you will be able to see what she is really like. Is she fun to talk to, is she interesting, does she catch your attention? Listen, the best way to not play the game that everyone gets wrapped up in, is to not play it. So don’t go asking her friend or having your friend ask her friend, does she like me????? Go find out for yourself and stop waiting for her or anyone else to tell you.

jmac25
    Participant
    July 4, 2014 at 12:20 am #56771

Im in highschool, and I remember when girls wouldn’t tell who they liked and stuff like that. In my opinion, I think that if you like her, tell her friend and ask if she thinks anything is possible. If yes, go for it man, get it. But if no, just be friends and don’t try anything.

Hope this helps.

Yiannis Karras
    Participant
    July 6, 2014 at 9:49 am #56799

Well , I had the same problem … You had to go and talk to her and ask her out . Compliment her , so you can avoid getting friendzone . She doesnt know either if she likes you or not .

felmin
    Participant
    July 6, 2014 at 3:25 pm #56801

She’s playing hard to get

HipHopAnonymous
    Participant
    July 6, 2014 at 10:16 pm #56808

I also am assuming your still in high school or junior high, so the best thing to do is just ask her directly I know that is difficult. Just get her alone either catch her after/before school and ask her. From your description she will most likely say yes so it’s just about getting the nerve to say it.

supernova88
    Participant
    July 7, 2014 at 9:13 am #56774

This is one of those instances where you can’t find out how she feels by asking her friends. Only she can explain her feelings to you. You describe her as being very outgoing with guys, which can be an issue when guys start thinking her normal personality is a sign of attraction. I wouldn’t be surprised if that means she’s been asked out many times by people she had no interest in. The fact she is more reserved around you – i.e. her demeanor changes – may mean she’s attracted to you but perhaps a little embarrassed or shy. I’d be careful, though, since the one time she asked you to do something with her you two didn’t even sit together and all her friends came along. It also sounds like this has been going on for months, and the longer neither of you two act the more likely this thing is going to fizzle. Approach her and be honest, I’m sure she’ll respect you for trying. It may even change or strengthen how she feels now.

onebigvon
    Participant
    July 7, 2014 at 9:48 am #56834

I’m a 35 year old man. I have been married and divorced and am currently dating again. I have had enough experience dating women that I can tell you 2 things:

1. This girl is definitely into you.

2. She is waiting for you to take the initiative and make something happen. She wants you to let her know how you feel. The way for you to stand out from the rest of the guys that are fighting for her attention is to BE BOLD. I know it is scary, but just take the fact that you know she is interested and let that be your confidence. Approach her with confidence and tell her that you want to spend some time with her. Suggest 2 different dates and times and ask her to choose which works best for her. Don’t ask if she is free on those days, just ask her to choose one. If she really wants to spend time with you, she will figure a way to make it happen on one of those days. Tell her you’ll pick her up ( assuming you are old enough to drive) and be on time.

confusedgradstudent
    Participant
    July 8, 2014 at 5:38 am #56848

It sounds like she has a good friend: one who knows how to keep a secret. However, generally, when there is secret-keeping to be kept, that’s because you’re not supposed to know, and I probably would be willing to be that it’s because this girl likes you. You’ll never know though unless you make your romantic feelings towards her more direct: you’re a man so you can afford to take the lead! If she doesn’t reciprocate your feelings, move on–you deserve someone who is interested in you. 🙂