Not sure what to do

Author
    Comments

• NinaMarie
    Participant
    October 13, 2016 at 2:43 pm #114021
    Not sure what to do

Hi, everybody..

I’d been emailing with this guy for a couple of weeks. He lives a couple of hours away, and he said that he wanted to come meet me in early November, after he returns from a two-week trip back east doing math lectures. He leaves in two days for this trip, and I know he’s really busy. But it’s been three days without any response to my last email, and I’m considering emailing him again to ask if he still plans to come. I don’t want to be pushy, but neither do I want to just be wondering if he’s lost interest, met someone else, etc.etc. Do you think it’s ok to email him just to check in to see if plans are still a go? Thanks very much.

MiniMogal
    Participant
    October 16, 2016 at 6:15 pm #114236

I don’t think it’s unreasonable or “pushy” for you to inquire if he still intends to meet with you. You’ve said you’ve emailed and he hasn’t responded yet but I need to clarify if you’ve already asked if he still intends to come in that email and should ask again, or if you’ve haven’t asked at all and should ask.

If you’ve already asked, once is enough. If he was really that interested in meeting, he wouldn’t want to make the effort and have it come to nothing when you can’t make it because he didn’t give you enough notice for you to make room in your schedule for him. He would be planning ahead. He would want to make sure you are meeting him too. I wouldn’t quickly be disheartened if you’ve asked and he hasn’t replied yet, as you have said, he is on a trip and may be busy. Just wait for the response.

If you haven’t asked yet, you are at full liberty to ask. You need to know if you should keep some time aside for him or if you are free to do as you please.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  MiniMogal.

NinaMarie
    Participant
    October 24, 2016 at 8:58 am #114965

Thanks so much, Minimogal. That’s good advice. I did email once (after I’d posted here) to check if he was coming, and he got back to me right away and said he definitely was. But who knows in the mercurial world of online dating, because he’s gone silent for three days again. I’ll just take your advice, and wait it out for now, and then if silence continues, just write him off. Thanks again.

Ashling
    Participant
    October 24, 2016 at 9:15 pm #115145

It seems your original question has already been taken care of, but just so you know, it sounds to me like he’s just been busy.

Cofrex
    Participant
    October 31, 2016 at 3:15 am #115789

I think you have to wait. But: if he is not emailng you, he is just playing and talking to other 5 or something
    Just what I guess

lilly2018
    Participant
    October 31, 2016 at 7:49 pm #115952

Well,it is possible that he is busy.A friend of mine take a couple of days to reply to me..so i know this well.But i know how it can be stressing to wait.But please,wait at least a week and if he doesnt reply,then write to him aying you both need to talk.

EmiDa899
    Participant
    November 5, 2016 at 9:29 am #116463

You must be patient…just wait and time will help…

lisat2520
    Participant
    November 5, 2016 at 4:19 pm #116481

I wouldn’t push it. If he really wanted to come see you he would of replied by now. Don’t chase after him. Give it some time and hopefully he will say something to you if not its his loss.