Not sure what to think

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Not sure what to think

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:19 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

wanderinglust
    Participant
    May 15, 2016 at 7:33 pm #100455
    Not sure what to think

Been dating a guy for about a month and a half.

We hung out last weekend and he met my friends. I was going away this weekend and was hoping I’d see him but he basically was like “I wish I could see you but I’m so busy”

He texted me Friday and our last text was him mentioning he was out with friends and me asking if he was drinking a corona(we both ordered it on our first date). It’s been over 48 hours since I last heard from him.

It’s so out of character. He always texts me daily. There’s not been one day that he hasn’t not texted me. We also see eachother atleast 1-2 times a week so not seeing him for a whole week hasn’t ever happened.

What do you guys think?

sparklestrong
    Participant
    May 16, 2016 at 12:04 am #100457

maybe he really is busy (be it work or having fun) or needs to deal with some stress alone.

Some men need to back off and think. Age could play into this.

wanderinglust
    Participant
    May 16, 2016 at 12:28 pm #100509

maybe he really is busy (be it work or having fun) or needs to deal with some stress alone.

Some men need to back off and think. Age could play into this.

Yeah that’s true. He could just send a simple text though giving me a heads up.

Sicaran
    Participant
    May 17, 2016 at 1:22 am #100571

I went through the same problem with my relationship. Only to find out that the person something happened to them family related and they were just not in the star of mind to talk or text anyone.

californiablonde
    Participant
    May 17, 2016 at 8:03 pm #100691

Was this no text period while you were one your trip? If so maybe he didn’t want to bother you.

helpmepleasepig
    Participant
    May 22, 2016 at 11:03 am #100957

Talk with him. Be straight, but graceful. Show him how happy you are with him and ask him what happened

Mylene
    Mylene
    Participant
    May 22, 2016 at 6:16 pm #100964

“busy” and “time with friends” was always a red flag in my past relationships. Although you care for him, be open to moving on and let that be apparent by not texting him so often. Spend time with YOUR friends.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Mylene Mylene. Reason: Notify me of follow-up replies via email

wanderinglust
    Participant
    May 23, 2016 at 9:06 am #100910

Was this no text period while you were one your trip? If so maybe he didn’t want to bother you.

Yeah it was.

He ended up not going out of town so I asked him to do something Saturday. He said yes but then today texted me that he caught the stomach bug from a roommate and probably won’t make it so I may want to adjust my plans.

I know the stomach bug is going around but that’s also a pretty easy excuse to get out of something.

wanderinglust
    Participant
    May 23, 2016 at 9:15 am #100958

So I made plans with him and he cancelled the day before because he had the stomach bug. He’s been super wishy-washy and will say things like “maybe we can watch some together”(when I mentioned I started the office) then “I can’t wait to see you”

But he’s not putting in effort to set an exact date.

wanderinglust
    Participant
    May 23, 2016 at 9:59 pm #101127
    Reply To: Not sure what to think

“busy” and “time with friends” was always a red flag in my past relationships. Although you care for him, be open to moving on and let that be apparent by not texting him so often. Spend time with YOUR friends.

That’s exactly what I’m doing. I’m just leaving it be and letting him decide if he wants to hang out.

I’ve been responding a few hours later but I wonder how long I could go before he’d send me a second text.

It’s odd because I’m pretty sure he’s not seeing anyone else, we’ve discussed it before. But he’ll still text me and not suggest we hang out.

mrktman
    Participant
    May 24, 2016 at 5:35 pm #101234

you have the same situation I have but its with my girlfriend.

she’s been pushing me off for things like being sick, her friends’s mother died, and more. We haven’t seen each other in 3 weeks and she never initiates conatct, its always me, she wouldn’t bother to call to say hi for like 5 minutes either.

I’m about to call the quits.

CbsSheb
    Participant
    May 24, 2016 at 6:06 pm #101256

I just think if he really cared a text or something would be sent.

wanderinglust
    Participant
    May 25, 2016 at 9:59 pm #101338

I just think if he really cared a text or something would be sent.

The odd thing is I hear from him daily. I brought it up to my best friend and her response was “I wouldn’t worry. If he texts you daily means he’s thinking about you” which I get. But the whole not setting a date thing makes me think he’s not into me but the texting daily makes me think he is. Like why bother texting someone your not into?

wanderinglust
    Participant
    May 25, 2016 at 10:03 pm #101339

you have the same situation I have but its with my girlfriend.

she’s been pushing me off for things like being sick, her friends’s mother died, and more. We haven’t seen each other in 3 weeks and she never initiates conatct, its always me, she wouldn’t bother to call to say hi for like 5 minutes either.

I’m about to call the quits.

I’m getting to the point where I’m done. I’ll send the last text say Tuesday but I usually wait for him to text me back the next day.

I haven’t heard from him today so I’m tempted to initate a text just so it’s not him constantly doing it. But I don’t even wanna bother if it’s just gonna be about our days and boring stuff.

Ms305
    Participant
    May 25, 2016 at 11:12 pm #101344

He is probably busy working or with other commitments. But I also heard that a man is never too busy to see you. Just contact him! Life is too short.

1 2