Not sure what to think

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Not sure what to think

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 9:02 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

classy93
    Participant
    November 8, 2017 at 1:34 am #155516
    Not sure what to think

I don’t put myself out there but I decided to give it a try and signed up on tinder with no expectations. Matched with someone that works down the road from me. She immediately starts asking if she could stay over my place after work which was literally the extent of our conversation for a few days. If I didn’t answer right away, she would text me the same thing a few hours later or try calling me even though I let her know I was at work. I don’t usually put myself out there and wanted to give it a chance so I ended up making plans with her to get lunch. She wanted me to pick her up at her house and gave me her address, which I didn’t feel comfortable with in case things went badly, and got her to agree with meeting me somewhere. I let her know when I was about to leave and that it would take me 30 mins to get there and she called me every 10 mins or so until I arrived.

classy93
    Participant
    November 8, 2017 at 1:34 am #155517

I walked in not knowing what to expect but she ended up being really nice. It was a bit awkward but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I text her the next day letting her know that it was nice to meet her. She texts me back the next morning that she thought so also and asks me if I had work, which I did. I let her know what my schedule the next day in case she wanted to do something but she would only answer just enough to respond to me. She didn’t seem interested and I had to get back to work anyways so I end the conversation.

Am I reading too far into this? Should I try again a couple days later? Should I wait for her to contact me? Maybe she is bored because I gave her the impression that I won’t put out?

missmaris
    Participant
    November 10, 2017 at 1:20 am #155844

She seems very forward. You are a stranger and she is already asking to stay at your house, calling you every 10 minutes until you arrive. A few red flags there. if it doesn’t feel right then don’t. keep swiping.