Not sure what to think about this?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:08 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

masondixonlines
    Participant
    January 14, 2017 at 1:51 pm #123059

There’s this Canadian girl from my uni I recently met. We kicked off pretty great. She was very interested in me and we were constantly texting eachother. It eventually led to a date that went on for hours. After that, she went back to Canada (I’m living in Germany) for Christmas. We texted a bit back and forth but not as usual because we were both busy. When she was back, the texting part dropped dramatically compared to before. She only replies with short answers that don’t give any incentive to continue the conversation or doesn’t reply to them.

I decided to ask what’s going on. She replied that she is very busy with exams and many things happened in Canada and that she is now confused. That’s obvious for me that she lost interest in me. I replied to her that I think that she needs some free space to collect her thoughts on what she want. But I also set a date for after exams (to test if she was interested), which she agreed to. Does this mean that she is still interested?

multisamsami
    Participant
    January 15, 2017 at 1:03 pm #123068

If she became cold it may be because she’s going through a hard time, and maybe she has a hard time handling the distance. So if she’s like that it doesn’t mean she lost interest, plus she accepted the date! So good luck!

Gutax
    Participant
    January 16, 2017 at 5:19 am #123085

She may be busy, give her space, don’t overdue it. You may take into consideration she could be testing you weather you feel insecure or not, don’t look needy.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 10:42 pm #123613

well.. my immediate interpretation of this is that there is somebody in canada that she spent time with (or an ex- tryihng to get back with her) and she is confused as to THAT situation primarily, not you. that was how it came off to me.

that she agreed to see you – i wouldn’t read into that so much. she could be looking to talk to somebody about her “canada situation” and not trying to figure YOU out. I definitely dont’ believe she is testing you.

so.. what should you do? go out with her. do your normal thing. don’t push the dating thing as she has NOT confirmed in any way she is considering this a date or sees you as a date. you can act like it but don’t PUSH it. ask her questions. then sit and listen. whatever is on her “confused mind” will come out EVNTUALLY (she may resist at first, but at some point i’m pretty sure she’ll come out with it).

accept it for whatever it is that comes out – you’ll have your answer then. we can talk about what to do next after that happens.