Not sure where the guy is going

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 2:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

fireys
    fireys
    Participant
    August 18, 2017 at 2:31 pm #146095

I met a guy early this year on a dating app, had a good time, he went off to another country, but texted a bit once every day or two. Met again after 3 months when he was in town for around 4-5 weeks. During this period I asked if he wanted to be exclusive. He said he doesn’t have job in town yet so doesn’t wanna commit. We met pretty regularly, and he would often come to my office coz I was busy with school. He has since been away for 3 months now. He stopped by the town twice, met me both times. However, we don’t text much. Sometimes he goes w/o answering for >24 hours( even when he comes online). I feel like I get a lot of mixed signal. I am a geoscientist so I love rocks and asked him to get me a specific type from an area he was hiking through. He did collect them( we haven’t met after that). But he is still active on the app( he was shown online). It’s been 7 months since our first date. Will this go anywhere, or am I just his backup while he samples other women?

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by fireys fireys.
    richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 18, 2017 at 2:37 pm #146098

it doesn’t sound good. not sure what he is actually doing but whatever it is – doesn’t sound good for you and him. but then again, why would you want this? you can never be together or not that often. right?

fireys
    fireys
    Participant
    August 18, 2017 at 2:41 pm #146099

He plans to move back to town end of this year. Does that change anything? The thing is I really like him, and have never felt more comfortable with anyone else.

Naomi
    Participant
    August 20, 2017 at 1:32 pm #146198

You don’t have to write him off just yet, but you should definitely keep your options open to meet other guys. I know it can feel almost impossible to move on when you’ve found someone you really click with, but it’s not fun to wait around for someone who’s not ready to commit. By the sounds of it, he’s not after a relationship at the moment. Best of luck!!

leylafitt
    Participant
    August 24, 2017 at 4:31 am #146781

Keep your options open ..

joesawyer
    Participant
    August 24, 2017 at 10:31 am #146821

I have to agree

tabsss234
    Participant
    August 25, 2017 at 10:33 am #146950

If you’re really willing to wait for him, that’s your choice. Best of luck to you.

Forumgirl91
    Forumgirl91
    Participant
    August 26, 2017 at 4:10 am #147118

don’t cut him off but don’t put all your eggs in one basket either…be open and responsive when he’s initiating, but don’t over-function or pursue him.