Not sure where to go from here.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

unprepared
    Participant
    February 18, 2014 at 5:31 pm #47976

My boyfriend and I have been dating for only 5 months, while many people are like ‘omg that’s not long at all!’, trust me, I’m aware. I am 19, and he is 18 but he is overly clingy and obsessive. I can’t go 2 hours without him blowing up my phone, and I get that he cares, but he told me he loved me after dating for 2 weeks. And while I didn’t say it back until just recently, I regret it because I feel like an awful person. He does everything for me, but then after buying me something like flowers or whatever he goes and says ‘I wonder how much money I would have if I didn’t spend it on you’, it’s ignorant. I’ve tried to tell him I need space, but he doesn’t care or he gets overly emotional and cries. I don’t understand! I went to work for 8 hours and he messaged me 7 times, Facebook 4, and then my mom asking if I was okay. I just can’t handle being smothered. Some of it I think comes from me taking his virginity. I just need some outside opinions on if we should go on a break/ break up?

unprepared
    Participant
    February 18, 2014 at 5:41 pm #47980

And there is no sex. At all. I just don’t want to, I feel nothing in it. It all feels forced, I’d rather sit at home with my family, read a book, or watch my siblings play sports then hang out with him.

mkp86
    Participant
    February 18, 2014 at 11:31 pm #47998

Sounds like u need to break up. Hes playing a game without even knowing it. Youre young and cant be bothered with little boys who do this type of stuff. Sadly the older they get the needier they become…

sharklasers
    sharklasers
    Participant
    February 19, 2014 at 11:15 am #48012

Have to agree with other comment. He is your typical little boy in his first relationship and doesn’t know what to do. I say just break up.

SocialKnucklehead
    Participant
    February 19, 2014 at 8:14 pm #48053

Drop him hard and tell him why. But don’t get sucked back in by promises of improvement.

confuseddater
    Participant
    February 20, 2014 at 4:35 pm #48133

IF you told him he was smothering you and he keeps doing it. It’s just his personality and its something that you guys aren’t compatable with you’ll have to end it. IF he can change great but don’t expect it things like that are hard and rarely if ever change.

nolovelost
    Participant
    February 21, 2014 at 6:30 pm #48220

This will get old very very fast it already has
    My ex was like that and I ended up hating him and all men

nolovelost
    Participant
    February 21, 2014 at 6:30 pm #48221

Make sure he’s not psycho or a stalker

kjkrunner
    Participant
    February 26, 2014 at 10:11 pm #48501
    Reply To: Not sure where to go from here.

Insecure partners will stay insecure. I am in my 40’s and have dated a lot. The most insecure boyfriend I ever had was the one who cheated on me. Kind of ironic, hey? Nothing you can do or say to reassure him will ever be enough until he learns to value and love himself. Get away fast and break up with this guy. Sorry that’s probably not what you wanted to hear…