Obsessed with my new crush

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 3:19 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 22, 2017 at 12:06 pm #130810

So I’m obsessed with my new crush. I did this years ago with a guy and it totally ruined my life. (I’m now 25) I liked him so much and he enamored me, and I spent every waking moment thinking about us and him and where he was, what he was doing, and stalking his social media. Sitting around waiting around for him to call, text, or post something to social media. I would try and decipher everything he posted and find reasons for him to like me in everything he said.

My life suddenly revolved around him. When I didn’t hear from him, I found myself freaking out and panicking that he didn’t like me anymore. I would sometimes cry if he seemed distant one day, thinking it was over. But then he would come around and flirt and act into me and my whole attitude changed and I would be on cloud nine. It was such an emotional roller coaster. I was just so excited to meet someone whom I actually liked whom liked me and wanted it to be real.

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 22, 2017 at 12:06 pm #130811

I find myself doing this again. I have been texting with this new guy for a while now and I have caught feelings for him. We aren’t quite dating yet, and I’m still single, but I find myself slacking off at work because of him. Thinking about him constantly. Talking about him constantly to anyone that will listen. If I don’t hear from him in a day or two I start thinking he doesn’t like me and then get depressed, but he texts me like he always does and flirts with me and I end up all happy. I recently saw a girl comment on something of his on social media and I freaked out thinking he was maybe talking to or seeing this girl. I panicked, and began social media stalking until I could see what was up, which I found was probably nothing to worry about at all. I shouldn’t be doing this. I find myself going through his social media looking for stuff about him and his past. Looking for past girls he might have been interested in, and beating myself down when I do.

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 22, 2017 at 12:06 pm #130812

He seems to like me, as he keeps talking to me, but I keep obsessing and thinking about this. I want to live in the present and be myself. I want him to get to know the real me and for me not to try and be so perfect and a façade so he likes me. He seems to like me for who I am so far. I don’t want to be this way, I just feel myself losing myself in this. Any help…