Ok girls, please give tips on how to stand out

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Expat
    Participant
    January 22, 2015 at 2:07 am #71512

I’m currently chasing this amazing girl, and things are going alright. We’re kind of in the flirting stages where it’s clear both of us are interested, and I’m sure if I asked her out she’d agree to some dates. But here’s the problem:

She’s the type of super popular girl who gets tons of attention from guys. I know I’m not the only one chasing her. And I’m fairly sure I’m not the only one she’s currently interested in or considering dating. I have lots of competition.

So what are some things that would help me stand out in her eyes? What do you like from a guy who’s chasing you? I Imagine it’s a bit different for every girl, but some general tips would be appreciated. Are there things that just make you think “Wow!”?

Expat
    Participant
    January 26, 2015 at 2:14 am #71828

Wow, no tips? 36 views but everyone is as clueless as I am?

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    January 26, 2015 at 11:16 am #71842

Ok something that would make a guy stand out for me is asking me on a really fun date, not your typical date like a movie or restaurant. Like the zoo or an outdoor activity or even go karting and stuff. Also being a gentleman stands out for me but don’t know if that applies to every girl as some like the bad boy type. A gentleman that knows how to have fun I suppose ha oh and someone who can really make me laugh.

Expat
    Participant
    January 27, 2015 at 12:42 am #71906

Thanks Becca, that’s really helpful. Hmm, I consider myself a fun loving, funny, gentlemen. It sounds like we’d make a good couple, haha. Anyways, I’m going to try the date that’s a bit unusual and see how it goes!

Misoltee
    Participant
    January 27, 2015 at 1:28 am #71907

For me its about being exactly who you are and taking me to do something that you really like to do. Many times people are so busy trying to stand out that the things they choose to do is not really something they would normally do. It will only disappoint her later if your true self comes out and you are noting like the guy she met in the first place.

Expat
    Participant
    January 29, 2015 at 2:04 am #72183

Thanks misoltee, but it’s not really about not being myself. When you’re dating you often do things you don’t normally do. I don’t normally go to fancy romantic restaurants when Im alone. I don’t normally go out of my way to make sure I’m dressed and groomed perfectly if I’m not going on a date. You just do things differently around the people you like and want to impress.

I’m not going to strut around in my boxers and scratch my ass on a first date… 😛

I’m just asking for tips on things girls like.