on and off girlfriend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

on and off girlfriend

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:28 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tonyl7126
    Participant
    October 12, 2014 at 4:12 am #65728
    on and off girlfriend

At the end of college I began dating this girl. I rarely find girls I like enough to date, so this girl is/was pretty special to me. I moved across the country a month after graduation and she still had two years left of school but I really wanted to try make the relationship work and we decided to give it a try. As this was my first serious relationship, I didn’t know how to handle it (I became overly nervous about the future.). Eventually I ended up calling it off after a visit. I remember crying pretty hard after dropping her off at the airport. I tried moving on but we continued talking to each other which made things more difficult, and the truth was I wanted to keep talking to her. She began dating someone else which sparked jealousy and anxiety from me. I asked her to get back together and she agreed she wanted that too. Fast forward 3-4 years and 3-4 “cycles” and here we are. I love her and think I’m really ready for the long haul. I want to try again. Thoughts?

girlonfire
    Participant
    October 12, 2014 at 1:19 pm #65731

Keep typing. I think you are in a good relationship

SillyEvelina
    Participant
    October 12, 2014 at 8:00 pm #65740

I think I would be a bit wary in her shoes if you were the one deciding all those times to break it off. You might need to show her that it’s not going to happen again. Some girls would like it if you made them feel special, so you could try that. You should also make sure she knows that you broke it off all those times because you were nervous about the future, and you need to tell her why this time is different.