on dating sites there are real girls?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 11:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mr.evans
    Participant
    April 6, 2018 at 8:43 am #169783

Hey, Dating Advice com for 2 years I’ve been trying to find a real girl on dating sites. But the impression is that there are only fakes. What sites can you meet with a real lady?

PRW
    Participant
    April 6, 2018 at 11:22 am #169802

I haven’t met an Android yet,…but the day is young.

There is a ton of fake profiles out there where they are trying to scam you. I tried Match once and after I created my account I started to fleshout the profile. The profile was still blank because I was not finished and had not “saved” my progress yet,…I got maybe a half dozen contact attempts from what looked like magazine models with professionally taken photos. They were all fakes and scams. I reported them to Match as fakes/scams only to get more from the same fake profiles over time because Match wasn’t doing anything about them. After all, they want “beautiful” profiles (fake or not) on the site to draw in more male members.

PRW
    Participant
    April 6, 2018 at 11:26 am #169805

Match has, or at least had, a bunch of lawsuits against them because of the fake profiles. They were also accused of leaving old profiles up belonging to women who don’t use the site any longer so they could brag about how may profiles they had on the site. They also were getting in trouble for “accidentally” charging the CC at renewal time after the member indicated they wanted to cancel. They would respond by saying they have a no-refund policy and that the member would just have enjoy another membership cycle and the member would have issue another cancel again. Then the whole thing might repeat again at the next renewal. That is a big deal if the member paid for a year membership.

When I canceled I contacted my CC company and had my CC replaced with a new number to prevent that.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  PRW.
    nancy_rowlet
    nancy_rowlet
    Participant
    April 7, 2018 at 3:05 am #169868

There’s a guide on how to spot dating profiles in this forum. Unfortunately, can’t post links datingadvice[dot]com/online-dating/fake-dating-profiles