On the right track?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

On the right track?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

scott32wolvo
    scott32wolvo
    Participant
    January 13, 2016 at 4:12 pm #91563
    On the right track?

I got talking to a woman on a dating site for two months and we got on great with common interests, same goals and liking each others personality. We finally met beginning of January and at first I was nervous. She looked and came across as great as I thought she would be. I soon kept my cool and got her a warm drink because of her being cold. I complimented her and she blushed then she asked how long id been single. It turned out we had both been single for 3 years and were looking for the same thing in a relationship. We told each other our ambitions for the future and the kind of person we are looking for. We were both for finding someone for a serious relationship and taking things slow. I passed her a statue of a kitten I had bought her for her new apartment and she loved it. She later told me she had really enjoyed our date and would definately see me again soon. we text still but im unsure what to do next without pressuring her too much. Flowers? valentines card? any ideas?

scott32wolvo
    scott32wolvo
    Participant
    January 13, 2016 at 4:15 pm #91564

We also had the same interests in cult tv and classic comedy so discussed that a lot. she does seem to be self reliant a lot and turn down any help or support I offer her when it comes to buying her another drink etc. would you say she likes me and theres something there and how should I approach her from here on? im thinking flowers or a valentines card.

camy313
    Participant
    January 13, 2016 at 5:16 pm #91576

She might be extremly shy and maybe she needs more time to get to know you and get comfortable around you.Just try and be friends and take things slow,no flowers until 3 date and no cards as you don t know how she feels or how she will react. Try and be yourself and give her some space too,let her come back to you after 1-2days of no texting…this way you will find out if she really likes you

scott32wolvo
    scott32wolvo
    Participant
    January 14, 2016 at 9:21 am #91626

I already tried giving her space while she was on holiday over christmas. I decided she would like to put her feet up during that period so waited. As soon as she got back home she got in touch, asked me if i had been dating or chatting to anyone else then I told her I only ever focus on one woman at a time and thats her at the moment. Thats when she arranged the first date. The texting lasts for about an hour each night and she doesnt seem to be much for conversation. In person though, I can talk to her about anything.

scott32wolvo
    scott32wolvo
    Participant
    January 14, 2016 at 9:21 am #91625

Thanks for your input. I had already tried the giving her some space thing prior to her getting in touch and arranging the date. She was on holiday over Christmas so I left her to enjoy her holiday then as soon as she got back home she mentioned meeting up for a date. She also asked if I had been dating or texting anyone else while she was away. I have no idea why she would ask that but my main focus was on her and I told her I only focus on one woman at a time. Very tricky one to work out but what drives me is a so called love interest from september who would constantly tell me she wants me has recently messaged me saying how great her new boyfriend was and how hes in a big ivory tower compared to me. I told her shes a bad judge of character and im on to new pastures myself so stick to her life while I stick to mine. The texting with the one ive mentioned in this topic isnt as much as id like it to be. we text about an hour each night.