Online 1st Date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Online 1st Date

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:40 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

system311
    system311
    Participant
    April 18, 2015 at 1:43 am #77523
    Online 1st Date

So, tonight I had my first date as a result of online dating.

It went much better than I could have ever hoped. This girl was amazing! We had great conversation and she was very attractive.

I can’t stop thinking about her.

My question is this: How long should I wait before asking for a 2nd date? Should I have asked for the 2nd date before the 1st date ended? Should I wait a few days or is it acceptable to text her tomorrow?

solo575
    solo575
    Participant
    April 19, 2015 at 3:16 am #77536

Gotta show her your interested.set up something quickly or she’ll walk.
    Hope that helps;-)

system311
    system311
    Participant
    April 19, 2015 at 9:19 pm #77550

Thanks!

I waited until the following evening to ask her and she said “I’d love to!” Problem is, today she cancelled. She said she wasn’t feeling well and had a lot of work to get done.

Nothing happened between last night her saying she’d love to go out again and us agreeing to hang out Sunday afternoon and her texting me to cancel our plans today. I’m hoping it was not just a blow-off so I might be able to rebound and make the 2nd date still happen another time.

minky
    Participant
    April 29, 2015 at 5:18 pm #78088

Back off for a bit, and try to call her up in a few days. Don’t seem to eager or needy otherwise, it will put her off.

JeffS
    Participant
    May 4, 2015 at 3:03 pm #78388

Usually when they put off a date without talking about re-scheduling it, they don’t want to see you again for whatever reason. I would wait a few days and ask her out again. I never make it a priority to see anyone who flakes on me (repeatedly) no matter how I feel about them. It never hurts to ask again in a few days tho.

supernova
    Participant
    May 6, 2015 at 6:08 am #78447

As a girl I would prefer to know that my date is interested in me. But if she keeps on invoking excuses maybe you should just forget about her.

infamissg
    Participant
    May 6, 2015 at 3:12 pm #78516

No. Don’t overthink things. If you two had a good time, I’m SURE she will not hesitate to go on another date. Be very patient with women.
    In time, if she was interested in you, she will miss you. And I’m sure she was .. because why else would she go on a date with you in the first place + online meeting people.