DATING ADVICE FORUM

Online date never wants to meet

Author
    Comments

• John61590
    Participant
    October 27, 2016 at 2:38 pm #115598
    Online date never wants to meet

I’m not sure what to do anymore about this person I met on online dating. He says he’s so busy that he cannot meet with me for over 3 weeks. He says he’s only free for an hour here and there. I asked him for a date and time that I could meet him and no answer, yet he still continues to text me. What sent a big red flag to me is that he told me he doesn’t “wake up early for anyone” when I suggested that I could meet him at 8AM. He goes out with “friends” every Wednesday night to watch a TV show. I asked him why I couldn’t meet with him then, and he says he can’t “ditch his friends” whatever that means.

I really want to give up this person but I find it hard since I can’t find anyone much better looking in online dating for me. I also think if he is really interested enough, he would change plans for me. Maybe he just isn’t good at managing relationships.

He did clarify that he is only interested in casual sex instead of dating, but no one wants to wait a month for “casual sex” honestly.

Has anyone met a person like this and what did you do?

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  John61590.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  John61590.

soimetaguy
    Participant
    October 27, 2016 at 5:17 pm #115630

i’m having a somewhat similar situation with someone i met online. how long have you guys been dating? unfortunately it might be time to give up 🙁

John61590
    Participant
    October 28, 2016 at 2:53 pm #115731

Still haven’t met the person yet irl. He says he is too busy but responds to my messages online all the time…

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  John61590.

offred34
    Participant
    November 7, 2016 at 3:08 pm #116635

Give it time

Hawkeye
    Participant
    November 7, 2016 at 5:32 pm #116666

You could try just being straight up with him and let know if he can’t ever find or make time for you that there isn’t any reason you should continue on with whatever it is you guys are doing. You know what you want out of a relationship and in a relationship no matter how busy life gets there should always be made time for one another. So let him know if he won’t make the time he’s not really interested and that you guys should just end it. Hope this helps..

KSIsuxs
    Participant
    November 7, 2016 at 10:15 pm #116678

Honestly if he has been avoiding meeting up with you, you should just move on.

PenelopeB
    Participant
    November 8, 2016 at 2:47 pm #116753

I have actually been guilty of this. Unfortunately, I would take this as meaning that A. while he has fun talking to you, he’s probably more into someone else and just stretching it out because either he or the other person he is seeing is not 100% sure of their decision and he doesn’t want to break it off with you until the person in question is sure of their decision or B. he does not know how to break it off with you without completely ghosting and seeming like a jerk. Either way, if it’s the right fit, he should be excited to get together with you and I read that him not putting in the effort to get together up front is a warning sign from the start. It sucks, but I’d say that it might be in your best interest to move on.

mranon14
    Participant
    November 8, 2016 at 4:10 pm #116762
    Reply To: Online date never wants to meet

If he just wants sex then he just wants just that. If you want more then i suggest you look else where.

kjones87654321
    Participant
    November 24, 2016 at 9:52 pm #118100

I’m in the same boat. We met online, but haven’t met in person. We don’t live close and both have responsibilities where we live. We have a great friendship, we text and FaceTime every day, we have a lot in common, and appear to be extremely compatible, there seems to be chemistry between us, and he says he loves me. I’ve offered to go there, but he hasn’t taken me up on it, which makes me suspicious about his situation, but he says he’s single, and based on the amount of time we text and FaceTime, and other info I’ve found online, that seems to be true. I just can’t understand why he doesn’t want me to go there. It’s hard to walk away from the friendship and the possibility of a wonderful relationship, but if he really wants to be together, I would think it wouldn’t matter where.

cznhz
    Participant
    November 25, 2016 at 6:44 pm #118129

I say move on to somebody who respects your time and treat you decently, even if you’re both only looking for causal sex.