Online Dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Online Dating

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:11 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

C. Price
    C. Price
    Participant
    October 24, 2012 at 3:07 pm #15507
    Online Dating

It’s not a simple phone call anymore, there’s a supposed “strategy” to online dating. Are you interacting the right way?

wtop0_0
    Participant
    October 25, 2012 at 5:16 pm #15811

It really isn’t that difficult to speak to women online. I have noticed older women aren’t interested in “hooking up” and are truly wanting something serious with a match.

fancypants
    Participant
    October 25, 2012 at 5:26 pm #15907

I’ve noticed the same thing. Besides, women are women are women, no matter when or where you talk to them. you want to be careful not to be too forward, but you still want her to knwo your definately interested. Your strategy should b e to always be as gracious and polite while still letting her know what you want.

lookingaround
    lookingaround
    Participant
    November 15, 2012 at 11:33 am #16279

I agree with him^ we can’t control the way a woman will take us on first impression but we can still show them a good time! I’ve told women about my experience fixing cars and they like a handy man.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by lookingaround lookingaround.

wtop0_0
    Participant
    November 20, 2012 at 11:02 am #16777

I agree, impressing a woman is also a part of the situation.

I’ve been able to message a woman a couple times and after I realized I wasn’t telling much about myself, it made sense to open up a bit. She noticed and we have kept conversations that last more than a couple hours over chat. We eventually called each other to hear each others’ voices.

OhReallyOReilly
    OhReallyOReilly
    Participant
    November 21, 2012 at 4:30 pm #17069

I agree, impressing a woman is also a part of the situation.

I’ve been able to message a woman a couple times and after I realized I wasn’t telling much about myself, it made sense to open up a bit. She noticed and we have kept conversations that last more than a couple hours over chat. We eventually called each other to hear each others’ voices.

Yea I’ve noticed the same thing! As soon as I open up about something just a tad more personal, women are willing to have a longer conversation. Mostly asking a lot of questions haha 😀

Taylor55
    Taylor55
    Participant
    November 30, 2012 at 3:39 pm #17857

Also, the initial interaction online seems to be the biggest hurdle to get a woman’s attention. I’ve messaged an assortment of women and it feels like less than half the time I get a response back. Once you have that door open though, it’s up to your charm to keep a conversation going.

CleoKnows
    CleoKnows
    Participant
    December 6, 2012 at 10:18 am #18301

Also, the initial interaction online seems to be the biggest hurdle to get a woman’s attention. I’ve messaged an assortment of women and it feels like less than half the time I get a response back. Once you have that door open though, it’s up to your charm to keep a conversation going.

When a man messages me I prefer that he doesn’t mention any kind of immediate meetup. Also, if he is just saying hello to start conversation, I’ve noticed when he doesn’t leave the message with a question, I’m interested to see what else he has to talk about. Like “Hi, how are you? Just noticed your profile, you seem like an interesting woman and I thought I’d message you. Hope you have a lovely day.”

So there I get a hello, a compliment and a polite introduction.

eitherhere
    eitherhere
    Participant
    December 13, 2012 at 6:22 pm #18785

I like what you had to say here Cleo. That’s a good point, there’s no reason in being so straight forward when you’re walking on eggshells for the first message.

GeorgeLucas
    Participant
    March 5, 2013 at 4:13 pm #24652
    Reply To: Online Dating

Anybody else notice how even in your free trial you can’t do half of the things they say you could? Like opening up to see who has viewed your profile or messaging people…they’re forcing me to buy the product and I don’t even know if I like it yet…

robb432
    robb432
    Participant
    March 13, 2013 at 10:40 am #25674

I continue to sign up for online dating sites with no successful matches with woman. I am on OurTime and although I get “flirts” with women, a lot of them just want to meet and take my money. Asking for help because they’ve been a lone for so long is a bit depressing. A constant pitfall of women who are not confident in finding love or even taking the time to become friends. so very sad.

NewtIsaac
    Participant
    March 20, 2013 at 5:00 pm #26495

I continue to sign up for online dating sites with no successful matches with woman. I am on OurTime and although I get “flirts” with women, a lot of them just want to meet and take my money. Asking for help because they’ve been a lone for so long is a bit depressing. A constant pitfall of women who are not confident in finding love or even taking the time to become friends. so very sad.

Those are probably scams my friend. Try to see if they’ll meet in person and then determine if they’re even real. Be careful not to email them from your personal account and instead use the OurTime messaging so they don’t hack your things!

kenzie
    Participant
    April 22, 2013 at 3:08 pm #29310

Is it common for woman who use online dating to stop messaging back and forth after a period of 3-4 days? I was messaging a woman who was nice and kind but stopped messaging me after I asked her if she’d like to meet.

txredhead
    Participant
    October 22, 2014 at 3:55 pm #66396

As a woman. I just wish men would stop plaYing games and be honest. If you are interested and honest, then message, if both are comfotable text and then talk over the phone. Dont play the text game for a week. Ask me out already!

Jmontana
    Jmontana
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 10:48 pm #68512

I agree with “ask me out already!” or at least ask if I would be interested in meeting. I have tried to make it clear in my profiles that I don’t sit around waiting to “chat” and that I’m primarily interested in meet and greets to determine if there is chemistry. I can appreciate if travel is involved that perhaps some online communication is necessary to decide if the travel is warranted. That should be easily sorted out with a few good questions . . . not weeks of auto flirts or “hi, how are you.” Even is they live within 15 minutes of me! (small towns in MT) It just seems lazy and not really, truly interested. Apparently, there are a lot of men in my age group (61) that are content to sit in front of their computer typing rather than a real interaction with a real woman. I’m looking for real time with someone and perhaps a relationship can evolve from there. Frankly, I don’t have the time for these cyber games.

1 2