Online dating and after meeting in person

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:10 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pa128
    pa128
    Participant
    April 8, 2014 at 12:51 pm #50748

I started online dating, and met a girl. We exchanged numbers and started texting for about a week before we actually met. I asked her out for coffee and she agreed, then we continued to text on and off every day up to the meeting. She was a bit slow to respond to my texts, but eventually always did.

When we met, it was fantastic. Great date.

Afterward, I sent her a text to tell her that she’s even better in person and I really liked her. She replied with “I really like you too :)”. We chatted sporadically for the rest of the night, then she fell asleep and didn’t respond anymore.

The next day, I didn’t hear from her. I got really depressed about it. Then, she texted me around 8 PM that night and said she had forgotten her phone. She stopped replying without warning again.

I haven’t heard from her all day. I’m worried she doesn’t actually like me. Am I over thinking this? She said she “really liked me too” but seems so much more distant now. What should I do?

foreversingle
    foreversingle
    Participant
    April 9, 2014 at 6:47 pm #50829

That’s the problem with technology and dating these days. If we don’t get instant gratification we’re wired to feel depressed or worried. Traditionally, if someone is truly interested in you, they’ll feel like they can’t stop talking to you and think about you all the time, so it doesn’t look too good. On the other hand, she may be genuinely busy.

I would give it another day or two and if she’s still not responding, there’s a good chance she’s not interested and was simply being nice earlier in your communications. One trick is to make sure your texts end in questions or statements that signal a response from the recipient. If she chooses to ignore those, it may be time to move on!

wifeyxo
    Participant
    April 9, 2014 at 9:39 pm #50830

Give it time! Maybe she’s talking to a few people at once, to see who she connects with the most. Maybe she’s genuinely busy or what not. Try not to catch too many feelings until you’re officially dating. Don’t take it personal if she doesn’t respond, great relationships build over time but if a month down the line she’s not giving you what you want look somewhere else! Also you should tell how you feel in a week or two if she’s still doing this communication is important!

Anonymous
    May 27, 2014 at 7:53 am #53767

Maybe she is a bit confuse, you’re both on a stage where you get too excited to get a message almost every minute, but you have to consider that there are people who tend to live normally without having their mobile phone on their hands all the time, some people like it slow and don’t want to hold the phone to reply. You should know if they are the type of person but if not, don’t believe that she left her phone, someone who is obsessed of social networking and texting will definitely leave everything at home but not their phones.

AGirlInBlue
    Participant
    May 27, 2014 at 7:50 pm #53909

You aren’t in a serious relationship, you’ve gone on one date so there is no need to talk all day everyday. Save conversation for when you’re actually together and stop worrying so much. If she said she likes you then she likes you no one is going to say that without meaning it, especially over a text. Just give it time and take things slow, don’t rush her or you will push her away.