Online dating – is she interested or not?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Ben101
    Participant
    February 5, 2015 at 5:17 pm #72689

I recently joined a dating website, found a girl who had a lot of similar interests – messaged her, she messaged me back, so i replied and then nothing for three days! she then messaged me apologising for the slow response and we chatted again for the night. However now its gone silent again.

Every message she’s sending me she’s asking me a question…which I’m interpreting as that she wants to chat! I replied to one of her messages with no question to see if the convo would fizzle out but she replied and asked another question.

I’m pretty interested in her and would like to get to know her more, but her replying every couple of days (when she’s been online daily) isn’t filling me with hope she’s interested! Also on the dating site I’m using it shows you her ‘friends’ or ‘favourites’ which she keeps adding people to the list….she hasn’t added me though! haha.

I am new to the whole online dating thing so i dunno if thats a normal thing for slow responses?

hockeyguy79
    Participant
    February 5, 2015 at 8:53 pm #72705

Couple basic things to know about online dating.
    First and foremost, try to avoid cyberstalking her profile. You’ll drive yourself mad knowing/seeing things changing on her profile when she’s not responding to you. Also, most dating sites have apps now that are constantly running on peoples phones so it looks like they logon every day, but may not be the actual case.

Next, women usually get bombarded with emails on these sites every day which is quite discouraging so her slowness to respond could be just as simple as her trying to sift through all the crap that’s coming to her inbox.

Lastly, I usually try and move the conversation to regular email if there’s back and forth response with a few emails and I’m interested. If she’s game for that then you can usually communicate much quicker and more frequent with personal email and move it to texting and phone soon after. If she’s not willing to go to personal email then I take it as she’s just not that interested.

Tnguy
    Participant
    February 8, 2015 at 5:44 pm #72847

Several things. First, realize that finding good matches is not easy. Most of the attempts we make will not result in huge successes. That’s just the nature of the beast. Second, she may or may be interested. I’d suggest tempering your expectations and simply replying when she does. If she’s interested, she’ll reply. If not, you know the odds.