Online dating => Meet up => Ghosted??? :S

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

icey95
    Participant
    September 19, 2017 at 7:12 pm #149622

Apologies if this post is slightly on the longer side but I need advice to move on more than anything.

I can’t remember where I met this guy online but it must have been from Tinder or Grindr or something and eventually we must have added eachother on Snapchat. Months down the line, i forget who this guy is in my Snapchat friends list and i ask who he is and we get talking again. We spent like a week talking on Snapchat and he was telling me how beautiful and stunning i am and always watching my stories and commenting on it.

When it came to the meet up, he asked whether Saturday was alright which i responded was fine but we always talked quite a bit despite his busy work schedule. He was then in the park sorting out something (because he was part of the team that organised one of the half marathans/10k runs) which happened the day before. He then asked if i wanted to meet him in the park which i accepted and i went to the park to meet him.

icey95
    Participant
    September 19, 2017 at 7:13 pm #149623

I was incredibly nervous as it was my first ever date to someone I was head over heels for and never had this feeling towards anyone else He shook my hand which I thought was fine and I couldn’t stop smiling because I was so happy we finally met. He said “Let’s walk down the path and around the river” so we did. We were talking about the half marathon planning he was doing and I asked him about what his role was and he explained etc… he then asked me about the Tough Mudder which I did the day before and we chatted from that. After, he asked what clubs I go to and if I drink often which I responded truthfully and we were pretty similar on every question he asked or vice versa when I asked. We were walking fairly average pace walk and he smiled from time to time but the eye contact wasn’t exactly there…I would say it was almost a normal kinda interaction (in hindsight). As we were walking back to the meeting point I asked him what he was going to do after and he said work as he really

icey95
    Participant
    September 20, 2017 at 9:45 am #149624

needed to catch up especially as he had volunteered over the weekend and the Monday for the running event. The walk lasted for around 10 minutes.
    He then turned around and said “Well, it was nice having a chat” and I wasn’t sure whether he was going to hug me or not (I kinda was waiting for him to) but he shook my hand instead which I didn’t mind but my friend said that’s the sign that you’re not going to meet again. (Apparently)

When we were walking away from eachother, I looked back at him but he didn’t look back at me until I said “Hope you don’t get a worse flu than you’ve got” as he said he had a bad cold from that day before (not sure if this is totally truthful, mind you, he WAS in a jacket). I then grabbed my phone 15 seconds later and snapchatted him “You could have at least gave me a hug, cheapskate ? ? “ and he replied “Oh sorry Xd Xd”

Something in my gut was telling me that something wasn’t quite right…I think the handshake did it.