Online dating messages

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Online dating messages

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:37 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anom
    Participant
    August 27, 2015 at 10:34 am #84882
    Online dating messages

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on what I can say in a message to women on a dating site ?

Questions I ask are are if they are ok/how they are, what films/music are they into. It depends on what the profile say so for example if the profile says they like a certain band Ill not bother asking about music but ask another question based on what the profile says. Problem is I’m not getting any replies back. Am I asking the right questions ?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Anom.

Kellyrose
    Participant
    August 29, 2015 at 1:16 pm #84917

Hi,
    You sound nice, polite but you do not stand out. Try to interpret her profile and then adjust your messages to her preferences. I like fun messages, something smart and witty that catches me off guard. Try to adjust the messages individually to the woman you are writing and avoid collect messages.
    You can also use a current event to start conversations.

JohnDoe98
    Participant
    August 29, 2015 at 4:51 pm #84923

Be smart and fun with your messages.

Anonymous
    September 1, 2015 at 1:07 am #84997

No, you should ask questions in such a day women should answer or else their ego will hurt, show you attitude in your message and never strive for return message be patient when a message arrives you answer that and and raise only one question.

Anom
    Participant
    September 7, 2015 at 7:16 pm #85245

Hi,
    You sound nice, polite but you do not stand out. Try to interpret her profile and then adjust your messages to her preferences. I like fun messages, something smart and witty that catches me off guard. Try to adjust the messages individually to the woman you are writing and avoid collect messages.
    You can also use a current event to start conversations.

Thanks for your reply

Im not very witty (nor smart) at writing the messages, could you give me an example ?

Yes I tailor the messages as to what the person has written in the profile, maybe I don’t tailor them enough.

I understand what your saying about using current event to start conversations and Ill do it next.

Looks like I need to do some work.

Thanks

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Anom. Reason: more info
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Anom.

bzrzxy
    Participant
    September 8, 2015 at 12:04 am #85256

Maybe you should do less of trying to come up with a message conformed to what you think they want to hear. Just be yourself, starting off with a General question is fine but keep it relevant and open ended.

Anom
    Participant
    September 22, 2015 at 11:22 am #85709

Maybe you should do less of trying to come up with a message conformed to what you think they want to hear. Just be yourself, starting off with a General question is fine but keep it relevant and open ended.

Didn’t realise it had been so long since Id visited the forums.

Not sure what you mean by open ended question but ill look it up.

Thanks

Anom
    Participant
    September 25, 2015 at 4:11 pm #85966

I know what open ended now means, Id heard the term “open ended” beforebut never seen an example. Its where I ask someone a question that needs a response, is that right ?

Anonymous
    December 2, 2015 at 3:12 am #89224
    Reply To: Online dating messages

Be smart and fun with your messages.

alyort44
    Participant
    December 2, 2015 at 11:01 am #89267
    Reply To: Online dating messages

I know from experience there are dozens of messages that are pouring into a ladies inbox each day. Try to really stand out but stay true to yourself. Maybe try relating to something that she may have written about on her profile. We know that most men do not read what we take the time time to write about who we are, but instead only look at our pictures. If you can relate to her that will take you miles ahead of the other suitors.