Online Dating Username

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Online Dating Username

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:23 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

irreverent90
    Participant
    May 8, 2017 at 5:47 pm #135717
    Online Dating Username

Looking for opinions about my online dating (match, Okcupid) username. A little background, I am a doctor who is entering the dating scene for the first time in a few years and am new to online dating. Should I make some mention of my being a doctor in my username, or would that be seen as pretentious/narcissistic? I was thinking something along the lines of dr(my first name) as my username. Thanks for the advice!

lovie4you
    lovie4you
    Participant
    May 9, 2017 at 8:46 am #135731

No, do not mention your a doctor but they will ask what you do for a living. You can pick anything for a Username but I would not use your first name. I had a Ford Explorer built in 2005 so I used explorer05 Good Luck.

Louis Richards
    Participant
    May 9, 2017 at 11:07 am #135772

No, do not mention your a doctor but they will ask what you do for a living. You can pick anything for a Username but I would not use your first name. I had a Ford Explorer built in 2005 so I used explorer05 Good Luck.

Exactly!

Morninghugs
    Morninghugs
    Participant
    August 26, 2017 at 11:49 am #147130

no, I wouldn’t use your profession of doctor…you will get women who are looking for a doctor’s paycheck rather than a woman looking for YOU…

Jennishellie
    Participant
    September 12, 2017 at 6:53 am #148733

I agree, if they want to know what you do, they will talk to topi and ask. Putting that out there might attract the wrong kind of person you want.

sbcp
    Participant
    September 14, 2017 at 4:09 pm #149082

I agree with everyone not to use doctor or doc because that might make others think doctor.

Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Participant
    November 9, 2017 at 3:36 am #155667

Just make it clearly and shortly.

Donnaishot
    Participant
    November 19, 2017 at 4:38 am #156904

Just avoid it and choose another one.