online straight crushing.need insight!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hopelesspanzy24
    Participant
    July 23, 2014 at 2:02 am #58014

There is a girl on instagram that I follow. The only similarity that we carry is, she and I have some mutual friends.We also live in the same area. She sings, she has her youtube channel on her bio and her IG is public. So she has a gang of followers. ( Roughly 1500)
    But here is the thing, I swear I have met or seen her somewhere before. Im not quite sure. But it certainly feels like I have. I’m not really trying to ask her out on a date and be straight forward (nor do the old fashion hit it and quit it, I swear I’m really not) but I would like to say Hi to her. Maybe she’ll recognize me or who knows perhaps be nice enough to say hello back.
    Please allow me to throw a branch to the fire.
    So within a couple weeks my friend and I are going to Canada to meet his girlfriend for the FIRST TIME EVER. They met two years ago on a website named tumblr. So they are actually going to physically meet finally. ( this is no catfish situation promise! shes real).

hopelesspanzy24
    Participant
    July 23, 2014 at 2:03 am #58015

My problem with this is, if I say hi to my instagram crush, and she actually is cool enough to say hi back. I might have to tell her where the hell I am. Which is in canada… with a friend… who is meeting his GIRLFRIEND… who he has met through SOCIAL MEDIA… see where I am getting at? I dont want to think that I am trying to do the same thing to her.
    Too weird?? I mean her profiles are on public so she wants to be seen I suppose.. So it cant be too weird right?She seems cool enough to say hello to! ANY INSIGHT PLEASE
    just an average guy trying to get notice by a cool chick.. not trying to get it in bed she just would seem like a cool person to talk to! (honest! is it too much to try to audition for her friendship? haha)
    thanks in advance for any help people!

runtothesun
    runtothesun
    Participant
    July 23, 2014 at 8:36 am #58032

If you need to “audition” to be someone’s friend or try this hard to be their friends their “friendship” probably isn’t worth it

Anonymous
    July 25, 2014 at 5:04 pm #58281

Hello hoplesspanzy24….here is something so simple….you are overthinking! Just say hi! Who cares where you are or what you are doing….you don’t even have to give her all the details of your life anyways. You are just saying hello and seeing if she responds back and you take it from there! Who knows where the conversation will lead or even if there will be one. So take a risk and find out what happens. If you just being you is not attractive to her, then you will be okay and move on. You can handle it! So just go for it and stop trying to predict anything!

hopelesspanzy24
    Participant
    July 26, 2014 at 6:04 pm #58322

hmm well said thanks for your insight heidi wish me luck! (:

Anonymous
    July 30, 2014 at 8:56 am #58501

OMG. what’s the problem? Just invite her and be open. You look like crazy about social networks, be brave and invite her in real life!