Online to in person

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Online to in person

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:49 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tyler888
    Participant
    May 20, 2014 at 11:37 pm #53360
    Online to in person

Alright guys I met a girl on this app yesterday that I talked to all day but I want to clear a few things up before I know her a week and wonder how to get shit done. I know for a fact she is a real person and she lives close ( we became Facebook friends) she has so much in common with me but I don’t know if I’m doing this right.. I didn’t message her at all today because I’m planning on doing it like every other day to not seem desperate.. Do u think it’s a good routine sofar? I’ve already found out about a lot of her interests also… When should I ask for her number? I know the best way just when? And finally .. How to go from texting to hanging out in person.. Which we already discussed multiple things we can do and share interests in just how would I get her to do them? U think Itl come in a few weeks?

Anonymous
    May 21, 2014 at 12:38 am #53363

Yeah a week is a good preparation before you get the chance to meet her online. Good luck!

coveted
    Participant
    May 21, 2014 at 4:10 am #53366

Is it tinder? tinder pro right here. get her number right AWAY. and just casually ask what she’s doing next weekend. simple!

tyler888
    Participant
    May 21, 2014 at 9:12 am #53378

Thanks guys and No lol it’s this new app called Pof (plenty of fish) my friend recommended. You should try it.

Anonymous
    May 22, 2014 at 4:50 pm #53588

Yeah def get your number after the first 2 or 3 good convo threads. Most of the things you talk about on text youll go over again in person anyway. Text is just to establish initial vibe and chemistry. The casual “hey what you doing next weekend” is a great way to transition to in person. But before you ask, make sure you have something fun in mind you guys could do together.

Good luck!

u_webster
    Participant
    May 23, 2014 at 7:38 pm #53698

Hey wanna hang out sometime?

user404
    Participant
    May 26, 2014 at 3:26 pm #53741

If you already discussed a few things that you could do, just ask her if she wants to do one of those things. That will make it easy to have an excuse to meet up wit her.

darian60
    Participant
    June 3, 2014 at 1:04 am #54293

I’ve had modest success with online dating sites and generally have stuck to messaging every 2 to 3 days. It shows that you are interested, but have other things in your life and most importantly, that you are not desperate.

I have a few things I like to find out about someone before moving forward with a date and that usually takes about 3 to 4 messages. If I can’t secure an in-person date within 2 weeks, barring any reasonable reasons (vacations, etc), I move on. If they can’t find 2 hours to see you, they are not that interested. Best of luck to you!

kaleigh
    Participant
    June 4, 2014 at 11:56 pm #54501

I don’t think you should talk to her every other day. I get what you’re doing but it may give her the wrong idea, She may think that you are not that into her. But as far as meeting her, just ask if she’d like to hang out with you. I suggest meeting somewhere you’ll both be comfortable, also where there is a lot of people just in case she’s not who she says she is.

Arron W
    Participant
    June 5, 2014 at 12:46 pm #54608
    Reply To: Online to in person

Dont overthink it. If you and her are engaging consistently a meet-up in person with naturally come. I would however advise you take the initiative to ask (My GF beat me too it and it make me feel so spineless).
    You’ve already opened discussion about things to do, so if shes comfortable with talking about it she’ll be comfortable agreeing to a date/meeting.