Online vs traditional dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:27 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

manofpeace
    Participant
    March 17, 2014 at 11:47 pm #49404

I’m usually very shy and I sometimes have a hard time being out and about at parties etc. But I have come out of my shell. I talk to more people at school. I talk to more girls and my peers. And I even have been talking a girl that I really like. She seems like she likes me back, but she seems like she isn’t looking to date. I could just feel the vibes. Nothing personal against me, but i don’t think she wants to date. So I ended up setting up an online dating profile when I thought my love life lacked variety. Life is short so why not right? I met a girl on there that is vegan like me and likes what I like. She gave me her cell number after we chatted on okcupid for a bit and then we texted for about an hour. Im going to videochat with her soon but before I get too into this online thing, I need advice. If i decide to date her and she seems like a keeper, how do I tell my folks about her in the future if we decide to date? I would feel too embarrassed to admit that we met online.

CanadianEnglishman
    Participant
    March 30, 2014 at 3:08 am #50053

Meeting people online isn’t so uncommon nowadays. Maybe years ago it would have been embarrassing, but today..? Not so much. Your family might find it odd at first, but just talk to them about it.