Online/tinder dating mystery

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Huckleberry
    Huckleberry
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 3:31 am #128092

This may seem like a whiny problem but this has become such a baffling mystery to me that I felt I need to get some objective insight. I hope I don’t sound like an arrogant prick.

Due to life situation (traveling etc) I have been using dating sites and mostly tinder to meet women. My success rate is excellent with women who are fine, but not exactly..um..definitely good-looking, but with women I am genuinely attracted to my success rate is abysmal. Let’s put it into context, women think I am attractive. In real life, I am used to having attractive and intelligent girlfriends. These tinder women I meet are definitely much more into me than them. They are totally fine and I have met a lot of very cool and accomplished women, but I don’t have the same attraction to them.

What gives? What is so perplexing is how there can be such a HUGE discrepancy in the cyber world. Not just between the 100% to 0% success between the women? But also between the cyber world and real life? Anyone?

gufestus
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 8:36 am #128093

It’s because IRL we mostly move in like minded circles. There’s no such restriction online. So you get all kinds of people.

Huckleberry
    Huckleberry
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 9:06 am #128098

Thanks for the response, but that doesn’t explain why a decent looking guy who usually can have some success with hotter woman has no success with hotter women online and almost perfect success with less hot. I agree when I get my “real life” back together I am more likely to find something compatible, but that doesn’t explain what the hell is going on with good-looking women on tinder and dating sites.

The no restrictions online and getting all kinds of people one would assume you might be able to have more success with different kinds of people.

Daterr117
    Daterr117
    Participant
    February 28, 2017 at 8:49 am #128400

Maybe your level of hot women don’t really use dating websites *shrug* I find it hard to find anyone I’m even remotely attracted to online. And then when I do, I have to deal with “well am I even their type?”