Only had one real relationship, can't get anymore

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Pixelanian
    Pixelanian
    Participant
    August 1, 2015 at 10:38 pm #83486

Ok so I’ve really only had one relationship. Long story short, it was long distance, I thought she loved me, but it turned out she lead me on just so she could get to my best friend (not friends with him anymore btw). Between then and now, I’ve tried getting dates with a couple other girls I know. First one I tried, ended up friend zoning me straight out. The second one, a little more subtle, but still friend zoned quite quickly. Now there is a girl who’s interested in me, but she’s also interested in another guy, and she says I have to wait for her to decide. I’d also like to point out that the other guy happens to be my (not) best friend I mentioned before, and also happens to be her ex. I really like her, but honestly I’m scared she’ll go back to her ex. When they dated before, he made her miserable every single day. Another thing is, recently I caught her giving her ex a bj, not gonna say how I caught her.I’m willing to look past that, but I don’t understand.

Pixelanian
    Pixelanian
    Participant
    August 3, 2015 at 8:38 am #83487

How can she still like her ex, even though she was miserable the whole time they dated? I’ve told her multiple times before I considered dating her that she was in a toxic relationship with him and she’s better off without him, but she just thinks I’m intentionally trying to drive her away from him. In a sense I guess I am, but it’s for her benefit not my own. She doesn’t see him for what he really is, even though all her friends, all my friends, and a handful of other people can tell he’s not a decent person.Is there any way I can get her to see that? Or do I just wait and hope she doesn’t date him again?