Open Relationship

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Open Relationship

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 9:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

marcoros
    Participant
    September 12, 2017 at 8:31 pm #148829
    Open Relationship

So my wife and I have recently decided to have an ethical non-monogamous relationship. It was her idea and she had some very sensible reasons for it. So that’s all well and good. I’ve had crushes before, but of course would never pursue them. But now I am able to pursue them since we have decided on the open relationship.

For a few months I’ve had an office crush. There’s a few issues. One she knows I’m married, I don’t want to be a sleezeball by being the married guy hitting on a woman at work. Two it’s a workplace crush, that’s tricky anyway. Three is the usual problem, I’m not sure she likes me back. A lot of her body language signs indicate attraction, she initiates conversation and chat messages like all day, we go for walks or lunch a couple times a week, and she finds excuses to give me slight touches and joke around. She’s very friendly and outgoing in general, so I could be misreading these signs.

I know there’s a lot here, but how do I go about moving things along?

Down2D8
    Participant
    September 14, 2017 at 2:38 pm #149052

Casually bring up that your in an open relationship one day(mention it was wife’s idea). see how her body language and your interactions are affected.
    IF she is more flirty she digs ya

IF she is more reserved she probably felt more comfortable before seeing you as “taken” or “safe” knowing you wouldn’t pursue her that way (or she digs ya and is nervous)

If all is they same or you cant tell the difference just ask her out anyway but keep it platonic unless/until you get the right vibes. if you dont get the vibes then it just turns into a Friend hangout maybe she doesnt like ya that way but she may be able to advise you or set you up with a girlfriend or something.

icey95
    Participant
    September 19, 2017 at 6:54 pm #149621

Did you ask your colleague out in the end? I don’t know with Open Relationships…it’s like “I love my partner but i am bored in the bedroom”?