Opinions on Age Differences?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 9:00 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Padme711
    Participant
    October 23, 2017 at 2:47 am #153677

We are both consenting adults, however we have 13 years between us. I’ve have never enjoyed my relationships with people who are younger or my age, and me and him just click, as cheesy as that sounds. All of my friends and people in my age group totally support it and understand it, however anyone in the older generations say they can’t get behind something like that. Wondering how others felt about age differences? I always say age is just a number, what about you?

Thanks

Austoow
    Participant
    October 25, 2017 at 1:01 pm #154019

Hi. I and my husband are 14 years between us. I’m 34 Vietnamese woman and he’s 48 Australian man. We’ve been in marriage for 5 years but we just had sex for the first year as he isn’t interested in sex. I’m so desperate. That’s why I’m here to seek for advice but not allowed to create a new post unless I make 2 comments.

Trumpetguy
    Trumpetguy
    Participant
    October 25, 2017 at 4:32 pm #154063

I think it’s less about age as much as experience and mutual goals. We mature at different ages as well. I have a friend that is my age, 50, dating women in their 20s. I don’t endorse that because he has 2 x wives, 4 children, is not interested in marriage and more children. Typical women in that age bracket want both so he’s rather wasting their time. I on the other hand have neither and am open for marriage and children. I simply can’t relate to women my age, they typically are grandmothers and I have high energy, not at all winding down.

summerlily72
    Participant
    October 28, 2017 at 4:27 am #154341

It might feel big now but in years to come it wont

LearningTheRopes00
    Participant
    October 28, 2017 at 5:23 am #154344

in my opinion, you NEVER marry someone (legally) unless the sex relatsionship works. The old ways of marrying before sex is dumb! Why? Well through college experience, I was taught in psychology (by a highly experienced professional) that us humans have four primitive urges; thirst, hunger, SEX, love….notice how love an sex are separate. Yup, its our human nature to have sex! even if its without love. No doubt sex WITH love is AMAZING!

Addisme
    Participant
    October 29, 2017 at 8:47 pm #154401

I think you have to do what you feel is right. However I will tell you about a personal experience of mine. When I was 29 I tried dating an 19year old. We had the same friends, liked the same things, it seemed great. However he was very childish in alot that he did and it bothered me. There were no civilized talking out our problems, he was a child and couldn’t be adult bout any situation. There was a real lack of maturity. He was great time when it was all about fun but the second anything got serious it was another story. Being mature doesn’t always correlate with age, I know many men at 30 that act 15, but it’s something to think about. I would definitely go out on a few dates and see how it goes, it wont hurt anything to try.