Out of Blue Text – What's it mean??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:19 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Radegast
    Participant
    July 14, 2015 at 9:50 am #82761

I hadn’t been in touch with a girl for approx 2 months and she texts out of the blue me asking how my summer is going, then after I reply she says “We have to catchup soon, I miss your conversations” I had waited 4 hours before getting back to to keep it cool, sending her a pick of a recent activity and a “great” but she responded immeditatly with a 5 sentence thought out response. Prior to this I met up With her for a weekday lunch a month after after she left the company we were working at(where we talked a lot). I tied to setup a weekend date shortly after we agreed to meet up while at lunch but she never replied directly to my attempt, not replying for a week and then just saying she had been exhausted by some weekend activities and apologized for not getting back to me. She didn’t address my question of getting together. I decide to play it cool and just lay off. And now I get this affirmative text that she seems to want to get together now? Not sure what this means.

MissSophieXx
    MissSophieXx
    Participant
    July 15, 2015 at 5:29 am #82798

Shes probably just unsure on what she wants as us women can be like this sometimes but i probably wouldnt waste your time on her because im sure she could of replied to your text it takes a few seconds.

Dave Smith
    Dave Smith
    Participant
    July 15, 2015 at 6:46 am #82803

Hmmm, yeah I would wait for a week or so and then suggest a date, it seems as she isn’t really clear what she wants so maybe give her some time 🙂

zach94
    Participant
    July 17, 2015 at 7:44 am #82971

Keep it cool how you are, next time you suggest it though, say it in a way like “clear what you’re doing friday night, I’m taking you on a night out”. Women like that confidence. Then she’ll know your intentions as well as you finding out hers

hurtgirl88
    Participant
    July 17, 2015 at 3:01 pm #82980

Maybe she’s bored or ended things with someone else. You always go for the last person you spoke to or someone who won’t reject you.

trevvorrobberts
    Participant
    July 17, 2015 at 7:06 pm #82990

^^^ This. She was Probably with someone else for the 2 months and it didn’t work out. Now she’s back to her reserves. Trust me. I do it all the time.

everything
    Participant
    July 18, 2015 at 2:55 am #82994

Lol, welcome to her world. Ever met anyone who didn’t know what they want? I have a girlfriend like this, she was the first girl I ever kissed, we keep in touch, but she will call me out of the blue about twice a year. I won’t pursue her because I know her cup is full, and her exhubby is real controlling, but he knows about me so that’s a positive.

Radegast
    Participant
    July 25, 2015 at 4:51 pm #83251

Well I asked her to meetup for drinks, she never responded, then the day after the day I asked her out, she texted me that she was sorry but was waiting to get confirmation on plans with family(presumably for Thursday) and then forgot to text me back that she couldn’t make it. I don’t think she forgot, or if she is, it means she isn’t that interested. In any event she suggested we meetup one of the next 2 weekends a she plans to visit to a sick friend in my area(she’s about an hour from my location- So u know I suggested a place for drinks halfway between us). Not sure if I really should meet up with her as it may be a lost cause . . . Thinking if I do meet up, suggest a couple weeks from now and see how she reacts. . . Not sure what to do. Thoughts?

hopelessromantic85
    Participant
    July 27, 2015 at 8:22 am #83259

Well she’s obviously interested….but why is she giving you the runaround? This ones tough. I would say something like….I’m gonna be kinda busy these next couple weeks but I can do this day (a couple weeks out like you said) That way, she knows you’re busy too and interested (but not too interested). And this way, she has time to make sure that the only plans she has that day is with you 😃 Good luck!

BenEaster
    BenEaster
    Participant
    July 28, 2015 at 1:37 pm #83377
    Reply To: Out of Blue Text – What's it mean??

Ok, I am going to take a slightly different tact here and say that the problem isn’t your date-setting tactics. The whole “playing it cool” thing for instance. I agree with what some of the other posters said, she probably met someone else in that time and has been dating him, so you were out of sight and out of mind. If you are interested in this woman (and it sounds like you don’t live in the same area so I wonder why you would attempt a long-distance relationship at all — there are always plenty of women everywhere) then what your mental time and attention would be best served on is how to create strong chemistry with this woman. The fact is, she sounds kind of “meh” about you from what you have described. If you get that “meh” to turn into a “holy crap this guy makes me feel GOOD when I am with him, then you will find it is much easier to get her to commit to dates.

30somethinggirl
    Participant
    July 29, 2015 at 1:06 pm #83421

I would meet up for a quick lunch or drink -NOT COFFEE! See what sparks there are. You never know what was going on in her life. You may not have been her reserve, maybe her heart just was somewhere else. If she doesn’t show initiative after this date drop her. No third chances.

Radegast
    Participant
    August 11, 2015 at 8:23 am #83840

Well, after I texted her that I couldn’t make the weekend prior, she did put her visit off 2 weeks ago, and texted me that she tried to arrange to come up to see the sick friend last weekend but couldn’t(she didn’t realize he was in the hospital) and just texted me today that she’s going to try to arrange to come up this weekend to see him in the hospital, and she’d like to meet me for “coffee or a cocktail to catch up.” Not sure, should I just let her try to arrange something, and then plan around her scheduled meeting time or say, well “come in the later afternoon and let’s catch up for cocktails afterward”. Coffee would definitely put me in the dreaded “Friend Zone”(if I’m not already there) and a cocktail would provide the proper environment to see her full intentions/openess, but at the same time I’m sort of uncomfortable on forcing the timing(he’s really sick . . .) so I’m not sure if he’s even well in the late afternoon so don’t want to come across as pushy . . . ideally though