over 60 starting over again women advice please

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    February 2, 2018 at 12:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

TheBiz
    Participant
    January 22, 2018 at 8:44 am #162960

i am 62 and female I am new to dating starting over again after many years of marriage and a recent divorce. I have not been with anyone intimately but I have read a lot trying to get acquainted with the ways of the world these days. this is a personal and awkward question but I think if theres anywhere to ask it would be here. I will keep it simple and direct because I am unsure and really don’t know. is it necessary or recommended to remove all of my hair “there”? will it be expected from a partner? is it common for women my age or does this matter more to a younger generation? please women reply. thank you.

TheBiz
    Participant
    January 29, 2018 at 8:59 am #163608

How can so many people view my question and no one gives me their opinion or advice? I feel stupid for asking a sincere personal question now.

truthordare
    Participant
    January 29, 2018 at 7:28 pm #163783

I’m there too. You need to find someone who will give you time and space to ease back into it including no intimacy until you are ready. I’ve found that’s the most difficult task since the guys think you aren’t interested in them. Of course you also don’t want to be the nurse or the purse!

anonymousgirl1000
    Participant
    January 30, 2018 at 12:23 am #163786

First of all, congrats on getting back out there after a divorce. I don’t know if I’d even have the gall to do it. As far as shaving your bikini line, I’d maintain it, but I wouldn’t worry too much about being hairless. I feel like that’s something only young people care about. Real men don’t worry much about a little hair here and there. Most of the time they’re just happy to have someone sleep with them. However, if you feel more confident hairless, that’s what you should go for. Every man is different, so you should also consider asking whatever future partners you have what they prefer.

TheBiz
    Participant
    January 30, 2018 at 7:50 am #163799

Thank you for your reply ANONYMOUS GIRL Yes I agree at my age it is my body and my preference not someone elses. I decided to shave my labia only but keep some hair above very short and I like it. Its like having the best of both worlds in a way. I did not want to go hairless I would not like how that looks for me or how it would feel completely with no hair at all there. But as I am now I really feel cleaner and more hygienic without any pubic hair below yet I still look like an adult woman in my 60’s with keeping the hair above there. It does not matter what others do or think its whats best for me and I think this is the way I will keep myself from now on. Thank you for your support!

TheBiz
    Participant
    January 30, 2018 at 8:00 am #163800

TRUTH OR DARE thank you for your reply. You said your there too are we close in age and a woman also? I agree with everything you say and thank you for your advice! If you saw what I wrote to Anonymous Girl I decided to remove only the bottom from my labia while keeping hair above and I feel this is good for me the reason being not in the intimacy sense now but in a general hygiene and comfort sense. I wore a pair of new tighter fitting jeans over the weekend and never felt so comfortable underneath. I hope you find someone special and good to you too!