Over analyzing what she says

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:34 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

m47131
    m47131
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 8:42 pm #68354

So I went on a date with this girl I met. We seemed to had hit it off when we first met but on our date I was sensing she just wasn’t feeling it for me; so I never called her even though I told her I would. I didn’t call her cause I thought she couldn’t stand the sight of me. Instead i texted her almost two weeks later and she never responded. About two months after our date I found her on Linkedin and we connected. A couple of weeks later I emailed her and asked her what my chances were for a second date and she gave me this response:

“You’re sweet, but it’s just not a good time. I started dating someone about a month ago. Thanks again for dinner. Best of luck :)”

I know it’s stupid to over analyze her response but what do you guys think? I am so pissed haha. I’m still on fire for her. She thanked me for dinner when I texted her immediately after our date and she thanked me again in her email.

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by m47131 m47131.
    m47131
    m47131
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 8:44 pm #68355

I hate the fact she kept saying thank you for dinner. If she thanks me again I am going to tell her to stop because I was the one who asked her out and she wasn’t obligated to go. I know there is no chance with this girl but it still eats away at me.

scottya
    scottya
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 8:57 pm #68358

Hate to say it but you have to walk away man. Easier to say than do, youve established you want to go out with her. Its up to her but ai wouldnt wait around and let it eat me up. Im experiencing somewhat of the same but been dating for 3 months.

m47131
    m47131
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 9:04 pm #68359

Oh I’m not waiting. I’ve dated since her but I’m not feeling it for them like I do her. i know she will never want me and my chances of even running into her are like zero. She lives a half hour away.

just_chelsea
    just_chelsea
    Participant
    November 30, 2014 at 2:04 am #68363

She’s dating someone new and it seems like she’s interested in playing it out. You can try talking to her still but don’t push the dating again until she’s unattached. If you push too much she’ll close herself off to you.

m47131
    m47131
    Participant
    November 30, 2014 at 2:38 am #68365

What about sending her an email like a week before Christmas wishing her a merry Christmas and a happy 2015? Nothing more.
    I haven’t had any communication with her since August.

scottya
    scottya
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 9:25 am #68360

I should take my own advice but Ive heard walking away is the best negotiation. You gotta let go and see if she will initiate contact I think. Answering you pretty much clarified my post. Best of luck.

scottya
    scottya
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 9:27 am #68376

Hey Im sure you are really into her. Ive been told the best form.of negotiating sometimes is to walk away though. But to answer your question In this case I would say yes send her a very short email saying happy holidays. Like planting a seed to.see if it grows….but be cautious that it may or may not give a response. But it lets her know you’re thinking of her I believe. All the best man. Stay motivated

m47131
    m47131
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 6:23 pm #68493

Hey Im sure you are really into her. Ive been told the best form.of negotiating sometimes is to walk away though. But to answer your question In this case I would say yes send her a very short email saying happy holidays. Like planting a seed to.see if it grows….but be cautious that it may or may not give a response. But it lets her know you’re thinking of her I believe. All the best man. Stay motivated

I think you’re right and I need to let it go. I think I want her more because she don’t want me. Thanks for the advice