overcoming the subconscious

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:33 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

subconsciousslave
    Participant
    November 19, 2016 at 11:22 pm #117907

Looking for advice, though I’m skeptical I can be helped. Dated girl for 5 years when I was in HS/college. Loved her dearly, it was intense. It fell apart because my illusions of her being perfect were shattered and I freaked, broke up with her.

4 years later, my subconscious reminds me literally every day of her and tells me I’m to blame for not sticking with her. Every girl I’ve been with since, I think of the first girl and have to push her out of my mind to fully be with the present girl, and I have never loved another. The physical stuff is also nowhere near to the level that it was with first girl even if the new girl is prettier. I still dream of the first girl. Reason tells me true love is imaginary and I should move on. My instincts tell me to go back to the first girl. Reason says I won’t be happy with her. But reason also says I’ll never be able to overcome my subconscious screaming at me, not allowing me to be fully with a new girl. How do I get over this mental torment