Hayley MatthewsDatingAdvice.comMay 5, 2018 at 7:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT
Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:
Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access
What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!
PaulKrueger23ParticipantFebruary 4, 2017 at 12:48 pm #125724
There’s a young woman I’ve really liked for a long time now (since 2011) and she’s finally single. So now that she’s single (and she’s now at a new job), the only real contact I have with her is to message her through Facebook. I’d love to ask her to coffee or something to break the ice, but I’m anxious about that for many reasons:
1. She’s a beauty and probably out of my league (I’m not ugly, but I fear she may think she can do better).
2. It’d be pretty random and odd to suddenly message her and ask her to coffee or whatever the case.
3. I fear the embarrassment of rejection (it’s hard to imagine getting a positive response.
4. She is friends with many of my co-workers…These friends of hers are known to be stuck up and rather rude. I know women (and people in general) share things with friends and I’m scared of the judgement which would result (and believe me, these friends of her would judge me and laugh at me for trying).
5. Her sister is also my co-worker.
Toaofjk123ParticipantFebruary 4, 2017 at 7:32 pm #125731
Give it a shot. U’ll never know wat could or can happen. Maybe she’ll surprise u.
406beauParticipantFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:37 pm #126464
Worst case scenario she says no, if you don’t ask the results are not any better.
F1endParticipantFebruary 10, 2017 at 4:16 pm #126521
The problem here is that you are sort of practicing within your social circle. And therefore, you are worried about comebacks.
To answer your questions:
1. Nope. You are judging her by men’s standards. You lose nothing by trying (social-circle not withstanding).
2. No it wouldn’t. If you are messaging her at all, then that is the purpose. You need to learn some game. I suggest a google search of “text-game”. Your messages should be flirty and fun, building up to asking her out. That’s the point.
3. We all do. If you aren’t getting rejected often, then you aren’t trying – is my opinion. It’s a natural part of the process.
4. The reason for your insecurity is that you are relying on your social circle for options. That causes big problems. You need to learn how to cultivate options outside of that. Social circle isn’t really somewhere to practice and make mistakes.
5. Is she hot too?
My suggestion is that you leave it, and start learning to play outside of your social circles.
richiroParticipantFebruary 12, 2017 at 1:29 pm #126602
so everything you said was true – it would be weird, creepy, abrupt, etc.
success in dating/relatinships is really predetermined. let me give you an example. of course to do well on a final exam you must perform well during the final exam. but you’re performance is really pre-determined by how well you studied and picked up the material throughout the quarter up until final exam day… see?
you can apply this concept to any facet of life – including dating/relationships. if you build a great life outside of dating/relationships, then you will find that quality people will migrate into your life – including quality gals. and when quality meets quality – chances of success are good. if you have baggage, you’l attract somebody with baggage – and 2 people with baggage don’t have high chances for success (nor would you want it).
people don’t chase or date others that have baggage. they chase people doing well and having a ball that don’t need dates to be “somebody.”
- This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by richiro.
richiroParticipantFebruary 12, 2017 at 1:35 pm #126605
“so what do i do then”?
don’t worry about this gal too much for now, put her on the back-burner but don’t forget about her – but don’t DWELL on her either.
realize that nearly every moment in life is an opportunity you could meet somebody and hit it off. So open your mind to the fact that you could meet a gal ANY TIME, any where. no more tunnel vision.
make a habit of just talking, learning how to keep conversations going, and engage a girl to talk and getting her engaged into you. making a comment about something specific about her (rather than normal small talk) is a good way to goose her brain and make her answer back. “hey.. i love that watch you have on.. where did you find it?” and get them talking bout them or the thing you noticed about them – or notice about what’s around you. just talk – and get them to talk.
once you build confidence doing that at some point you’ll feel confident enough to ask for phone #’s, ask people out, etc. – it will build up naturally
yesmeParticipantFebruary 22, 2017 at 6:29 pm #127892
You should just tell her because you never know what will happen till it happens just go for it because if you don’t then you will keep thinking about it and it will give you a hard time enjoying your life . The worse that can happen is she saying no .. if she says no then find some other girl ..because she may not be the right one !
surgio59ParticipantFebruary 23, 2017 at 12:22 pm #127978
Go for it, you can do it
exff22ParticipantFebruary 23, 2017 at 12:31 pm #127982
Nobody…..is out of any guys league. Go for it. Lot’s of fish in the sea.
person123ParticipantFebruary 24, 2017 at 5:24 pm #128292
I’d say go ahead and give it a shot. Take it slow, and ease into the conversation. Start things off with a simple “hello” or whatever you normally do to start conversations with her, let the conversation warm up and let her get comfortable and then slip in the question, however you’d like to phrase it. If she rejects you, then you can always try again at a later time, but don’t do it at dates close to one another. Wait a few months if she says no and see if things change
Top 10 Best Sites
Looking for a dating site you can trust? Search no more.