parent never like girls i meet

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 11:27 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tree780
    Participant
    April 10, 2017 at 2:37 pm #132746

recently met a girl through social circle of friends. she came to my house to meet my parents. we been hanging out 2 xs this week. my parents been haggling me to find a gf and long term relationship and hopefully marriage.
    they met this girl and didnt say they like her or dislike her. well today my dad told me if i dont really like her then dont date her, and another time he said well she might be using me for conversational english and wastng my time. her english isnt that good and she works at a supermarket as cashier. he also previously mentioned how her ford fiesta was cheap and area she resides coq,bc in is cheap apartments he says.
    he previously have said the girls who dated were just using me finacially and be careful but this recent girl we go halves on our dates and shes ok with that. shes very fair ,but now he has an excuse or making assumptions she might be dating me for sole purpose of language english conversation. other times he made assumptions the girls dating me just because of car rides(i pick and drop them off) isnt that what most guys do since some girls i met had no car.

this girl go halves and has her own car but english isnt good so hes making language excuse.

my parents also wanted me to date this other girl but she wasnt really interested in me and i found her unattractive but dad like her since she had a good job. i think if she like me he would make also an excuse oh she ummm just looking for someone to do yoga with lol

• This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  tree780.
    richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    April 10, 2017 at 2:57 pm #132757

my parents have not approved of many friends let alone gf’s i’ve had. so there are multiple things goin gon here to consider – only you will know what’s pertinent in your situation:

1. sometimes parents judge their kids lives based on what they WANT or think their kids are – which may or may not be how they are.
    2. Check their track record in the past vs what they say now. Were they right about your ex’s or were they way off?
    3. Parents sometimes are living thru you and are wanting you to select who THEY would select – which may or may not have anything to do with you and what makes you happy (see #1).

so look at their history – have they been more accurate than you, or less accurate than you regarding your ex’s? is what they think is good what you want or makes you happy?

in my case my parents have been way off, not even close – on both my ex’s and me. So in my case, i don’t put any weight on what they say and think.

ryu
    Participant
    April 12, 2017 at 9:20 pm #133083

maybe ur dad is write or wrong . but u just gotta find the one that u and ur parents both like if you want the family to get along or ride it out and see how it goes from there.

KrimzonWolf
    Participant
    April 12, 2017 at 10:00 pm #133087

I believe there is a time and place for you to listen to your parents. But from what you are telling me, it seems your parents are making excuses instead of actually giving you solid feedback.

The girls I’ve been interested in and have had relationships with have not conflicted (yet) with my parents. Then again, high school friends of my dad tell me that he dated over 300 women in high school, so it’s not like he’s real choosy. The real question is if her parents like you? Because if they don’t like you now, chances are they won’t like you if you get married, and that gets messy.

bria
    bria
    Participant
    April 13, 2017 at 12:19 pm #133153

ohh that cool…i need someone to hangout with you can just text me on google hangout briajohnsonwilliam90@gmail.com so we can talk more better hpe to read from you soon

djm
    Participant
    April 13, 2017 at 5:53 pm #133243

Parents are generally good judges of character, due to the fact that they want nothing but the best for their children; however, at the end of the day, the decision is ultimately yours as it is your life to live.

JOe Joe
    Participant
    April 16, 2017 at 9:50 am #133379

The decision at the end yours, but I would take parents’ advice in consideration.

mark5728
    Participant
    April 16, 2017 at 11:43 am #133389

I guess your parents are quite rich if they said girl are using you for money. I presume your parents are probably well educated and having good jobs. They probably want you to have a girl who is also educated.