Passionate romance with poly guy just ended… Please help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 3:20 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

luisaluisa
    Participant
    March 25, 2017 at 7:24 pm #131176

So, I met a guy on tinder 2 months ago. He was very open on the first date that he is polyamorous and likes to date several girls at one time. We get very drunk of the first date, and have great sex later that night. We continued to go on 4 dates in total, the 4th being last night. He’s been up and down in how often he texts me, one minute saying he’s very busy (but I knew he had been seeing other girls), one minute being very attentive. He told me he had described our sex as ‘mind blowing’ and ‘glorious’.
    Tonight he texts me, saying “Hey hun, I’ve had an awesome time with you these past few weeks. However I don’t think our connection is quite right. I don’t think we should see each other anymore. I hope this doesn’t upset you too much. Take care xx’
    What does this mean?? He said our sex was amazing.. what’s the problem? I think he may have started to notice that I liked him a lot… and maybe he knows I’m too into it? I don’t get it… please help!

MplsMinnie
    MplsMinnie
    Participant
    March 29, 2017 at 6:44 pm #131542

What happened is he is a player. Sorry. Honest answer from a woman who has been in the poly community for 15+ years.

He likes sleeping with women without strings. So he says he’s poly, gets what he wants, and reaps none of the consequences (or benefits) of having an actual relationship with any of the women he’s intimate with. He’s already moved onto the next girl and probably won’t think of you for weeks or months. Be prepared for a “booty call” type text about 6-8 months from now, when he’s bored again.