PERFECT first date–but dude is distant after?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 11:32 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

nkygirl12
    Participant
    May 9, 2017 at 8:15 pm #135917

So I went out on a first date with a guy on Sunda and it was the best first date I’ve ever been on. We clicked immediately, we never ran out of things to talk about. Our date lasted six hours and he never stopped complimenting me. How smart I was, how beautiful I was, how well-rounded I was, how funny I was, etc. He even took a pic of us together on his phone! I could tell me the way he continued to gaze into my eyes that he was super interested. And the feeling was mutual. I felt so many sparks with him.
    When we parted ways he said “I had a great time. You’re amazing. Until next time…” And we kissed.
    The perfect first date.
    However, since then he’s been distant. I texted him yesterday morning and we chatted a bit. He reiterated that he likes me a lot. Said he would text me after his meeting at 10 AM. I have not heard from him since. So way over 24 hours since I’ve heard from him. I feel like he would be texting me more and reaching out if he REALLY liked me like he said he did.

lovie4you
    lovie4you
    Participant
    May 10, 2017 at 5:19 am #135925

You were right about one thing, that really did sound like a perfect date, did he say what kind of a meeting, maybe is was another female it sounds like something happen. Hope he didn’t get in a bad accident going to or from the meeting, I would keep trying to text him. I think sooner or later your bound o hear from him.I hope you hear from him soon. Good Luck to you.

lizzyxo
    Participant
    May 10, 2017 at 1:48 pm #135996

It really sounds like the perfect date! I’m sure it will all go down smoothly

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    May 11, 2017 at 2:58 pm #136113

enh… 24 hrs is not a long time. i wouldn’t be expecting people to text me reliably during work or business hours.
    if it goes for a week i would worry. if he never texts until you texts i would worry.

but waiting over a day b/c somebody didn’t text you while they were at work? nothing to worry about.

i’d also let go of the “perfect 1st date” as any indicator. What you are and aren’t will take months to figure out, not 1 date. So don’t get too high too soon, don’t get too low too soon. TAKE YOUR TIME and see what it looks like after a few months and you will know for sure what you are and arne’t.

EX. i had a fantastic 4-6 hr first date and 4-6 hr 2nd date and many long texts/phone talks with somebody i recently dated. True colors started coing out on 2nd date and beyond and she’s not even remotely anything i think i’m compatible with in the long run – but we can certainly get along and have fun on an outting.

SO DON’T make quick and drastic decisions and conclusions EVER!

dannysstruggel
    Participant
    May 11, 2017 at 4:15 pm #136124

Don’t be to harsh on him. He might just have some busy days!! Just keep texting him, and see wether you will get an answer.