Physical Disability & Dating Again

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sailor1958
    Participant
    June 11, 2016 at 11:12 pm #103223

I’m a business man, successful father, adventurer and all round good man with mild Cerebral Palsy. I’ve been married twice and had several gfs in the past. I’m back to being single at 57, and facing dating again. My disability doesn’t define me, it’s just a part of who I am. But it always haunts me when I start dating. When do I say something? How do I explain? What will she say? How will she react? I know it’s more fear than anything but I’d like to have some feedback from women around my age, and in general. Thank you.

daveo171
    Participant
    June 16, 2016 at 7:28 am #103447

Hey man,

Sounds like you are doing great. You shouldn’t forget how far you have come man.

I was born with a right hemiplegia and had to learn how to use the whole right side of my both, growing up was challenging especially socially.
    I learnt to overcome my challenges and have since travelled around the world having sex with lots of hots girls.

If you want to know to say, tell them your story of how far you have come man.
    Girls care about who you are as a person man.
    You are a legend, remember that.

Dave

Quinzy52
    Participant
    July 6, 2016 at 12:27 pm #104512

I am spinal cord injured after an accident in early 2005. I was an Effective Cyclist for 43 years. I was a working man for over 35 years. In the sheet metal field until I hurt myself on the job twice. After the 2nd time I decided I wanted to die w/all 10 of my fingers. Then I went into the warehouse/distribution field. Like sailor my disability does not define me. I have asked a woman online to meet me at a classic car show. I arrived about 15 minutes early. She failed to show up. The next day she contacted me through yahoo messenger. I told her how I felt and not to contact me again. While I was at the doctors office w/my pca a woman helped to open the door from the restroom. She saw the NY Rangers headrest cover on my power wheelchair. We talked about hockey. Then she asked me about family. I said something negative about one of my nephews. I asked her to join me for coffee. She said no. Sometimes I feel as though I am undateable. I am 64 and have never had a date.