Playing games, just busy or has she gone cold?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:18 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Bell86
    Bell86
    Participant
    February 12, 2015 at 10:54 am #73294

Hey everyone,

I was wandering if I could get your view on a situation. …So I joined an online dating site for the first time around new year, and got chatting to this great girl who lives just outside of town. We chatted back and forth for two weeks before going out on a first date, bowling. We then swapped numbers and continued chatting that way. Last week we went out on our second date and at the end of the night I asked her out again, to a show I can get tickets for. She said yes and that she was free this Friday (Tomorrow, 13th Feb). I got a text off her when I got home that night saying thanks, she had a brilliant time. I replied the next morning, saying the same and gave her the details for this week. I hadn’t heard anything back by the weekend, so I rang her Sunday evening and it went to Voicemail, I left a short one and she got back to me on Tuesday night. Saying sorry for the late reply she had been busy with both jobs of late, and asked how I was. I replied I’d been working too, playing it cool. I sent her a message yesterday, as the show was now fully, booked. I said I could change it for a another date and we could make a day of it, when she next has a day off. Meanwhile for this Friday I recommended another show. Again I haven’t heard back.

On the first date we were both open about how we had found the website, she had spoken to someone else a few weeks before me and when they swapped numbers, he became needy when she didn’t reply right away. Obviously with her being a teacher and working weekends too, she cant use her phone in the day. She mentioned on her profile she is normally quite shy and reserved until getting to know someone. At the end of both nights there’s been no kiss or hug, just a slow walk back to the car park, lingering while we chatted. Anyways long story short I like her, but I just have a vibe things have cooled. I’m not a needy guy far from it, If I don’t hear back by tomorrow, should I just cut ties. She’s 25, I’m 28, what do you guys think?

jellyfish24
    Participant
    February 13, 2015 at 7:45 pm #73446

She might be playing games I would not text her for a couple of days and see if she gets back to you

jellyfish24
    Participant
    February 13, 2015 at 7:45 pm #73447

Or call her lol

Bell86
    Bell86
    Participant
    February 14, 2015 at 5:49 am #73451

So I got a reply off her on Thursday evening to say sorry she would have to leave Friday (13th February), as a friend of hers hurt herself and asked her to cover her dance classes for the next week or so, sorry to be a pain. She put. I replied sorry to hear that, I hope alls well, I understand, drop us a message when your free to chat.

I left it there, so the balls in her court. Obviously its valentines day today, I thought about dropping her a text, but I think I’d come across needy. I was maybe just going to leave it a week, like she put down she was busy. If I don’t hear back, I’ll walk away. what do you guys think? cheers.