Please crack the code of this guy…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Eve
    Participant
    January 21, 2015 at 2:03 pm #71363

I’ve signed up for an online dating site, and started to correspond with a guy. At first we were writing each other shorter messages, which over time grew longer and longer, and I started to see that we have really similar thoughts on most topics. We’ve been writing to each other really long e-mails for over a month before meeting first. We live pretty far from each other (2.5 hours by car) so I told him to spend the night at my place, but I also made it clear, that I have a guest room where he could sleep.

The day before his visit he started to become really flirty on chat, which was new, but I liked it. We already knew a lot about each other, we agreed to make our first meeting crazy romantic: when we first see each other, we won’t say a word, just kiss each other. He also wrote me a lot of stuff like how he wishes to hug me and kiss me all the time, or just feel me breathing, etc… All in a cute way, nothing creepy.

Eve
    Participant
    January 21, 2015 at 2:04 pm #71364

Next day we started as planned: no words, just a long kiss. And then we spent the whole weekend together, it was great, we were talking a lot, no awkward silence not even for a second. Also, he was a true gentleman. He was going to go home around 6 pm on Sunday, but in the end he left like two hours later. He said things about “next time” for at least 4-5 times, without me pressuring him. I think it was a perfect weekend… well, almost. The thing is that we only kissed this one time we’ve met, and then one more time, when I asked him before going to bed, if I can get a good night kiss. He said ‘sure’, and we kissed. That was all the romance for the whole weekend. As goodbye, he hugged me, that was all.

I don’t know what to think, maybe he was just not into me? But what about the plans for next time? What about leaving later than planned? What about the message I got when he got home about thanking me the great weekend? And after all he did kiss me good night. So what’s with that?

Expat
    Participant
    January 22, 2015 at 2:18 am #71515

I’d say he lacks confidence to initiate things. Don’t be subtle. A lot of guys can’t read subtle. Just jump his bones to get things rolling, and he’ll get the hint.

Eve
    Participant
    January 22, 2015 at 8:56 am #71365

What confuses me the most is the flirty chat: I would perfectly be okay with the weekend as it was, but after the things he wrote me the day before, I just don’t understand what happened. Can he be this shy in person, and less shy online?

Even during that weekend he told me he’ll be pretty busy with work for a few weeks, but he emphasized that afterwards we should definitely plan something. Still, after getting home he wrote me again, that next time we should do this and that. So now it is the busy-work time, I don’t really hear much about him, only a few texts every other day. I thought about sending him a longer e-mail, just like in old times, but I am totally confused about what is going on with us. I also know that the first free weekend he’ll have is in 3 weeks, so it is still a long-long time until we can meet again. If that is what he wants. I really have no idea now…

PrincessSolo
    Participant
    January 22, 2015 at 10:39 am #71586

If he wrote you back after he got back home that is a great sign. I agree with expat. Maybe the reason he was super flirty before was he was hoping you would take it and run with it. He seems to be shy.

Eve
    Participant
    January 22, 2015 at 2:03 pm #71607

Thank you for your comments, I decided that I’ll just go for it 🙂 I didn’t want to be pushy, but if you think that I should initiate, then I’ll just take the lead 🙂 I was just afraid that I didn’t take some hint, since his behavior is confusing. But now I feel that I see more clearly 😉 So thank you again!

nea
    Participant
    February 2, 2015 at 5:46 am #72347

i think you guys should have a talk about it next time you hang out in person… youve read my post! i really truly think physical intimacy is AS important as emotional connect.