Please help! I don't know what to do! Need advice PLEASE!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 3:41 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jaybyrd88
    Participant
    December 23, 2017 at 1:11 pm #160919

Try to keep a long story short here. I met this guy online a couple of years ago, but I had just been badly hurt by someone else, anyway we talked online, exchanged phone numbers and texted and finally met in person a couple months later. I told him upfront that I had been hurt before. Long story short we were seeing each other on and off until recently. I know for sure that he really liked me but I pushed him away a lot because I didn’t want to get hurt again. Now out of nowhere he has a new girlfriend and I know in my heart he is only with her to get back at me for pushing him away all those times. I did message him and told him how I felt and that I wanted another chance. He hasn’t blocked me and didn’t exactly say goodbye. Is he leaving the door open for a possible second chance? I know him well enough to know that he doesn’t do drama. So why not just block me if it’s really over? He knows I want another chance. Really need some advice here, don’t know what to do.

Anonymous
    December 24, 2017 at 10:34 am #160931

contact dr ogiobodo +2348083975168

jaybyrd88
    Participant
    December 24, 2017 at 11:16 am #160943

UPDATE: Just got on Facebook and found out that he has now blocked me. I haven”t bothered him at all since this whole thing has started. And I know for a fact today is the day he is suppose to introduce the new gf to his family and he knows I know that. So why is he just NOW blocking me? I have questioned this new relationship from the start because the whole situation is fishy. Everything about this is fishy. So can anybody please tell me what they think is going on here?

tayriley
    tayriley
    Participant
    December 24, 2017 at 8:37 pm #160955

you admitted yourself that you kept pushing him away. you need to take this loss and learn from it. stop bothering him or trying to get him back. you weren’t emotionally ready to be dating, but you did it anyway, and beacuse you did, you hurt this person. that’s right. YOU. HURT. THIS. PERSON.
    take responsibility for that and stop acting entitled to a relationship with him. yes, he could’ve been into you, and maybe still has a spot for you in his heart, but that DOES NOT MEAN he should be with you. flip the script and put yourself in his shoes. if someone kept hurting you by pushing you away, and then you found a new guy that DOESN’T do that and he is sweet and attractive, wouldn’t you want to give THAT GUY A TRY instead of possibly getting your heart broken again???
    get some therapy and get right with yourself before venturing into dating after a bad breakup. not doing so only means hurting people who don’t deserve it. the kind thing here- and if you really care about this guy-(cont

tayriley
    tayriley
    Participant
    December 24, 2017 at 8:37 pm #160956

IS TO LET HIM GO!!!!!!!!!

From Outer Space
    From Outer Space
    Participant
    December 25, 2017 at 1:33 am #160965

Dear Jaybyrd,

Affairs of the heart are rarely logical, but can we try applying some anyway?

You don’t really believe that he’s introducing the girl to his folks just to hurt you. You wouldn’t still want him if you thought he was that mean. No, the situation is just exactly as it appears – – he decided that he’s been pushed away for long enough, and that it’s time for him to make a change. I think you know that.

Once you acknowledge to yourself that he’s gone, gone, gone, then you’re ready for the good news, which is this: You’ve learned a hard lesson. Your “pushing away” was a way of shielding yourself. You now know that if you want love, then you have to be vulnerable. If you are not open to the risk of suffering unspeakable pains, you cannot experience the sublime joys of being with a soulmate.

I get it. It sucks. Life is like that a lot of the time. When you are strong enough to risk disaster, and not a moment before, then start looking for your guy.

Be well.