Please Help in need of serious advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 2:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lwoolcombe98
    Participant
    August 19, 2017 at 2:45 pm #146164

Okay, I was in a relationship with this girl for a couple months short of two years, my first real serious relationship. I met this girl via tinder where we first got speaking and then found out we went to the same college. We agreed to meet up and things progressed from there, from the very first day I met her I knew she was special just something about her was different from other girls I had met or spoke to. I can’t put my finger on what exactly made her so different. This girl was so perfect, she was beautiful and she was funny. She was sweet and so caring she always wanted to make sure everyone else was happy and okay before herself. She was an insecure and fragile girl which I later discovered she was recovering from anorexia and she made her self sick on a regular basis and also she had been through open heart surgery a couple years ago. I thought she was amazing and I was amazed to find this out I don’t know why but it just amazed me.

lwoolcombe98
    Participant
    August 19, 2017 at 2:48 pm #146166

So eventually we got together and made it official, if I’m honest I wasn’t quite ready and didn’t know what to expect as I hadn’t had a serious girlfriend before so I was kinda put on the spot when she asked “so what are we?”. So we started dating and it was perfect, she was lovely I couldn’t want for anything more in a person. Throughout the relationship, I helped her with numerous problems at home, she would get beaten up by her twin sister quite regularly and I’d always pick her up and she’d stay with me for a few days till things calmed down, she would come to mine if things at home were bad, I made sure she ate and looked after her when she was down and thankfully she beat anorexia and safe to say she is completely healthy now and I’m extremely proud of her for how far she has come. Also During the relationship I developed an addiction to gambling more specifically, sports betting. This addiction became so bad I managed to lose about £1500 on bets which I was given as a gift from

lwoolcombe98
    Participant
    August 21, 2017 at 11:00 am #146167

from my parents for a car. This addiction I hid from my girlfriend and my parents and I would lie about my balance. At the time I also wasn’t working so as you could imagine I had 0 money but everyone thought different. When I eventually told her she was mad but she stuck by my and even helped me, there was times when my parents were in debt and asked to borrow money from me, and my girlfriend would tell me not to worry and would lend me the money, sums of money like £600 she wouldn’t hesitate and she would just lend me it which I have back to her. My girlfriend always wanted to go out and do things like trips out and go shopping but I’d always refuse and just say I didn’t want to because I didn’t want to tell her my situation ( I know I should have from the start but I did eventually tell her). So me and my girlfriend rarely went out, we rarely did things together most of our time was spent indoors doing nothing but watching tv which became boring and she Became depressed.