Please help me, long time friend and co worker

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 10:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jobber22
    Participant
    June 7, 2017 at 9:07 pm #138792

Been friends with this girl for over a year. We had never really flirted but I always found her attractive. She moved down the hall from me but we still bump into each other a few times a day. She is a single mother of 2 kids, she is 9 years older than me and we have a very demanding job. I told her my feelings through text and she explained she has not dated anyone for 5 years but she was comfortable with me and would give it a try. I had dinner at her home followed by cuddling on the couch watching movies. I never went for the kiss because it still felt weird after we had known each other so long. We mad plans to go out this weekend and she admitted she wished she would have kissed me to get it over with due to nerves. I said no worries I’m 100% kissing you next time. My issue is she’s hot and cold. Some days texting or calling then next day nothing at all. I know her job and know she has her kids this week but still feel anxiety over her not responding and yes I text last a day ago

jobber22
    Participant
    June 7, 2017 at 9:09 pm #138795

Keep in mind I still saw her and spoke to her today and I do notice her looking into my room when she walks by or coming to say something about work from time to time

jobber22
    Participant
    June 8, 2017 at 9:29 am #138814

If it helps I am 23 and she is 32. Not sure if it matters

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    June 9, 2017 at 1:29 pm #139063

well its work and you even have offices in the vicinity. so anything involving co-workers will ALWAYS be strange, and possibly legal ramifictions if it doesn’t work out. so be careful with co-worker relationships.

You must see the part YOU are playing in this – it’s not as if you’re not acting hot/cold either – inviting her over, but not kissin gher…
    So.. go for it. don’t hold back. and see how she reacts. She’ll have a decision to make at that point and make the one she was going to make all along. but if you keep coming in and then back out – you’re just making it weird for her to know what to do with you.

so don’t worry about her. get YOUR act together and be consistent yourself. then you’ll see what she has for you.

labradoodle14
    labradoodle14
    Participant
    June 12, 2017 at 9:18 am #139141

Dude here is what you need to do.

Get some rubbers and call this chick, don’t text her, call her and say. “I’ve had a rough day and I need a drink.. come join me”..

Kiss her immediately and get it done. This one is already in the bag. Don’t ruin it.

greeneyedlady
    greeneyedlady
    Participant
    June 12, 2017 at 7:47 pm #139305

Invite her out again. If she says yes and goes she’s still interested. Then WHEN you go kiss the girl!

Wqx294zcb4
    Participant
    June 12, 2017 at 10:30 pm #139308

You’re over analyzing everything. Women love to blow hot and cold, it’s the nature of the beast. Just relax, and be indifferent. I know it sucks, but hey just relax, unless you did something to fuck things up, she’ll come back around when she feels like talking.