Please help me out… Not sure what to do next!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

miami2014
    Participant
    March 20, 2015 at 8:16 pm #75768

Hi, guys. I’ll try to keep this pretty brief and open the floor for your advice and comments.

So I met this girl a while ago and we really hit it off. We exchanged numbers, texted for a while, I asked her out and we met up for a date. The date went really well and we went back to her place after for a movie. We fooled around, but no sex. We were obviously very attracted to each other and the conversation was great. The next day, she texted me that she couldn’t stop thinking about me and could not wait to see me again. Then, suddenly, she went cold. I didn’t hear from her for a few days and when I did she mentioned that she’d been “very busy” so she wasn’t able to talk much. During this time, I made sure not to pester her with texts or calls. I never even texted her twice in a row. I’d always wait for a response, even if it took a day or so. So the weeks went on and I heard from her less and less. My attempts to see her were always met with “my schedule is busy” responses.

miami2014
    Participant
    March 20, 2015 at 8:18 pm #75769

*CONTINUED* It became clear to me that she was making excuses, and for some reason, had lost interest. The next time I got a similar response, I called her on it. I’m an upfront person, and see no reason to hide behind excuses. If you aren’t interested, just tell me. So I told her “Hey, you know you can tell me no. It’s not a big deal. Let me know if anything changes” or something similar to that. Her response was angry. Something like “WTF? There’s no need for me to make excuses. I’ve been busy lately”. Still, you would think she would have texted me as she did before if she was still interested. She would initiate contact with a “hey you ” or something similar almost 80 percent of the time. Now, nothing. Recently, I sent her a snapchat. She opened it, but no reply.

miami2014
    Participant
    March 23, 2015 at 8:33 am #75770

*CONTINUED* So now… What do I do? Seems like she’s lost all interest which sucks because I was really feeling this girl and we had good chemistry. I was not clingy at all and didn’t really make the mistakes which usually push women away. Running into her in person isn’t likely as we’re an hour or so away from each other. So any contact would probably have to be by phone. Any advice to get her interested again? Thanks a lot guys!!

miami2014
    Participant
    March 23, 2015 at 8:33 am #75773

Any advice guys? Thanks!

Blondey
    Participant
    April 20, 2015 at 10:16 pm #77605

Hmmm very confusing on her end!! Possibly she is busy or has other issues going on atm, however as a women it is unusual for a women not to text back… If I were you even though it’s hard do not send her anymore msg’s/txts. You have been upfront and asked her and now it is up to her to be honest with you. If you don’t hear from her in the next week, move on and don’t waste your time on someone not worth wasting it on:)
    Take care and keep us posted!!

Anonymous
    April 24, 2015 at 8:14 am #77826

Hey bro, That does sound pretty confusing..
    Perhaps tell her you understand that she’s busy, message her.. ” Sorry, chick, I understand things can get a bit hectic sometimes, but I’m still going to send you a flirty text from time to time though girl, if that’s cool :)” (Make it into your own words, but you get the idea)!
    I f she doesn’t respond to this, or responds unfavourably, then she probably has found another man.. Sorry to say!
    Hope this helps you bro!

jilly
    Participant
    April 24, 2015 at 3:33 pm #77866

My advice would be not to contact her anymore. Let her come to you if she is busy and if she doesn’t then there’s your answer…

I hate to say it but I would guess that she either is afraid to reject you because she doesn’t want to deal with a potential negative reaction from you or she is stringing you along because she is either dating a bunch of guys or is dating someone but not sure if it will work out so is keeping you in the wings just in case. Either way you wouldn’t want to be with someone like that anyways

One of my guy friends had a similar situation where a girl he thought he had a great connection with acted like she was really into him and then after about 2 months of dating she pulled the same lines this girl is pulling on you. Finally he just stopped contacting her and then found out a few months later that she was actually trying to get back together with her ex which they eventually did. In my opinion my friend dodged a bullet