Please help me with these mixed messages from this guy

Author
    Comments

• tearsxonxeyelashes
    Participant
    September 4, 2016 at 6:40 pm #110512
    Please help me with these mixed messages from this guy

We met almost 2 weeks ago now.
    Day 1 we are getting along super well in class, he invites me out for drinks or to his place for a drink if the weather isn’t great, I invite a few friends because I wasn’t quite sure about it all, he invited one as well. We get along really well.

Day 2 – just as friendly in class

Day 3 – There is a dinner for our cohort, we stick together all night, he votes the food I prepared as the best, we go drinking that night and go out. While at a club a guy starts feeling me up, M20 get extremely angry and pushes the guy off me. Keeps an eye on me all night, going out to look for me and we ditch our group to go have a midnight snack. He took a snapchat of me dancing and a friend of his replied with “that’s who you’re out with” and a wide eye emoji (no idea how to take that) (we both just moved to a new city).

Day 4 – teacher stops us from sitting together as we have been talking to much, we go for drinks with the group at his place, he goes to have a shower and purposely walks past the door way 5/6 times in just a towel (I was the only one facing the doorway) I pretended not to notice. Our group was relaxing talking about people we find attractive in class when he asks me to rate some girls he has been matched with on tinder. Inside I am like “wtf” but outside I played it fairly cool (I think) telling him who I thought was prettiest. Go to a club and I bump into a friend (female) from home having a chat for a while when he comes over and she leaves, he tells me he thinks she’s pretty hot, I told him to go for it then but he didn’t, just kept hanging out with me. I go off to dance and M20 leaves without saying goodbye.

Day 5 – He finds out that another guy walked me home the other night and left me with his jumper, he barely speaks to me all day. Go out to eat in the park that night with our group, he decides its fun to throw grass and paper cups at me (I am too old for this shit lol) as we are leaving the park I bump into the guy who gave me the sweater, I tell everyone to go ahead and that I will meet them at the arranged destination. M20 does not leave, he just stands next to us, waiting, not even introducing himself. Later on that night we are walking to the city when another male friend who was with us puts his arm around me, M20 turns to me and says that male friend is planning on crossing a few lines with me, he then mentions something about the two of us just being “mates”. I don’t think I responded.

Had a small argument on day 6 about a misunderstanding, didn’t speak for the next few days.

Day 7 – Have predrinks together, sent me a few messages that day, to which I responded coldly with. During pres there was a party in the dorms, I bump into sweater guy and we are talking all night, M20 comes over and hangs around with us a few times but none of us made any effort to talk to him. He then starts flicking me on the face. I go to talk to him and he introduces me to one of his friends, his friend goes “This is the one you were telling me about” WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?? We go to a club with our group and some of his new friends. At sometime throughout the night I am at the bar waiting for a drink talking to the guy next to me, M20 walks over to the bar, picks me up and spins me around refusing to put me down, guy at the bar is looking over a bit concerned to which M20 says “I only do this because she is so annoying”. Which annoyed me, once again he leaves without saying goodbye, I hook up with someone else. He finds out because my friend was looking for me and she messaged him asking if I was with him.

Day 8 – he throws a house party, I didn’t really want to go but he kept messaging so I did. I go to his party and he asks me if I want to put my bag down in his room because “that’s where he’s storing everyone’s stuff”. We start walking back there when another person decides they want to put their stuff down too, the just directs us to the room and leaves. I meet a guy and we start talking M20 tries to but in (unsuccessfully).

Day 9 – Introduces me to one of his friends, we get along super well because we are from the same home town. M20 tries to spend the whole day teasing me about everything, I’m still getting along very well with his friend and M20 disappears without saying goodbye (pattern emerging).

Day 10 – We bump into each other at the bar of club, while waiting for drinks we starts dancing, he grabs my ass twice, gets his drink, I ask if he wants to go find our friends, he says he needs to go to the bathroom. We bump into each other again outside the venue, really touchy with each other but then I needed to leave because my friend was being sick in a bush.

Day 11 – We have a ball, I get to the venue which is near dorms, before I go in I am talking to sweater guy who was also standing out the front, M20 is sitting in the window of a dorm and shouts out in front of everyone “M23 is a slag”, he then waves innocently at me, I give him the finger and continue talking to sweater guy, I see him watching us through the window. We only have a few conversations at dinner as we were sitting on opposite sides of the table. We have pre drinks at a friends house, he is super friendly, arms around each other, talking to no one else. We get to the club and while waiting in line, he looks me directly in the eye and then leans over and kisses the girl mentioned in day 4 on the cheek, and then nibbles her ear. No reaction from me. We talk a little at the bar, he said he’d come find me while I was dancing, he sent me a message asking where I was, I didn’t reply.

Sorry this has been so long, its been a confusing 2 weeks, should I bother with him at all or just move on. I really like this guy but he is just so confusing 100% of the time.

tearsxonxeyelashes
    Participant
    September 6, 2016 at 8:49 am #110513

Day 4 – teacher stops us from sitting together as we have been talking to much, we go for drinks with the group at his place, he goes to have a shower and purposely walks past the door way 5/6 times in just a towel (I was the only one facing the doorway) I pretended not to notice. Our group was relaxing talking about people we find attractive in class when he asks me to rate some girls he has been matched with on tinder. Inside I am like “wtf” but outside I played it fairly cool (I think) telling him who I thought was prettiest. Go to a club and I bump into a friend (female) from home having a chat for a while when he comes over and she leaves, he tells me he thinks she’s pretty hot, I told him to go for it then but he didn’t, just kept hanging out with me. I go off to dance and M20 leaves without saying goodbye.

NYGirl99
    Participant
    September 6, 2016 at 8:51 am #110522

I see that you like this guy. My advice would be to keep busy and if someone asks you out-go for it! The goal is not to make this dude jealous, but if he’s interested, he needs to step up to the plate and you will also distract yourself. You two should go out on a date just the two of you. Good luck!

Terry
    Participant
    September 6, 2016 at 2:17 pm #110598

It sounds as if he likes you, but (and there’s a big but), do you really want to spend time with a guy who grabs your ass, calls you annoying, kisses other girls, and so on?

There’s just too much silliness going on here.

You don’t help things when you ignore him, talk to other guys, hook up with other guys, etc.

Instead, keep things simple. Be straight. Be honest. If you like him, don’t pretend you like someone else.

If you see him again and want to give him a chance, can you screw up the courage to say, “You know, I really like you and I’d like to get to know you better”?

That way, you’re not committing to anything. You’re just expressing a willingness to see if he might turn out to be someone you could be serious about. He may say yes, or he may say no. Either way, it’s better than sitting around overthinking every look he’s given you or every word he’s said. Life is too short.

You deserve better.

Good luck.