Please read and help

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Please read and help

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BruhBruh
    Participant
    January 2, 2016 at 11:45 pm #90815
    Please read and help

I am somewhat shy let me start with that. Also 16. So there is this girl that I would consider way out of my league(Super beautiful, Cheerleader). I run lights for a church and I see her a lot there but we never really talked. So we kind of went back and forth liking things on twitter of one another as we both dropped hint tweets(lmao teenagers). So I finally got enough nerve to DM her. This was on Monday. On Wednesday we went bowling, had lunch, walked around the mall, and then hung out at the church in her moms office. Thursday(New Years Eve) I hung out with her and her family and some more church people. So Sunday(tomorrow) we are going out to breakfast but tonight she just dropped these texts on me:
    “We haven’t even been friends for a week don’t you think it’s like a little fast or something like I think we should be friends for a lil”

BruhBruh
    Participant
    January 2, 2016 at 11:48 pm #90816

So I responded with I understand and stuff and then later said
    “Okay one more thing. Where is this headed because I started to really like you and I don’t want to like you one way and then you like me the other way etc etc so”
    She said:
    “Tbh I don’t know because I liked you too but at the same time I started to think and I really dont know if I need a relationship.
    And then:
    “So like in all honestly is there a chance of a relationship because I already like you and I don’t want to get my hopes up for something you know you don’t want to do. I mean regardless I want to be friends”
    and her reply:
    “I mean I guess I don’t really want anything right now but friends”

moe01
    Participant
    January 3, 2016 at 12:04 am #90818

Dating should be light hearted and casual. It’s that period where you’re getting to know someone but you’re not in a relationship. By asking her where the relationship is going puts way too much pressure on someone that is getting to know you. Neither of you know where it’s going until you date for a while. You want to present yourself as interested, confident and happy to be with her. Showing insecurities or neediness is a turn off. A broken heart is just a risk you have to take when you find someone you like. Honestly, she’s probably just turned off by your over eagerness/seriousness and is trying to be nice about it.

Nobodyspecial34
    Participant
    January 3, 2016 at 6:41 am #90833

I agree with moe

scaroline774
    Participant
    January 3, 2016 at 9:56 pm #90849

If she says she doesn’t want a relationship, you should respect that and don’t keep pushing or asking her if she’s changed her mind.