Please tell me how to interpret this girls actions?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• Vitani
    Participant
    March 21, 2017 at 12:01 am #130662

I haven’t hooked up with anyone in awhile, so I hooked up with this woman a few weeks ago and accidentally (almost) got attached. We have a good time one night so the next night I ask if she wants to finish the bottle we started the night before. She gives me a rain check which is fine. Two days later I ask her to dinner (stupid mistake), she ignores me and I see her Friday at work. I apologize for being too forward and she gives me the excuse that she said yes to going to dinner, but my phone didn’t receive the text (my phone actually has a problem receiving texts which I told her in the same message when I asked her to dinner, so I sort of gave her a chance to use this excuse to flake). She says she is going out of town for a week because its spring break for colleges and that we can hang out the next Friday when she is back. So I text Thursday and I say “Do you still want to hang out tomorrow?” and she ignores me. So at this point I give up, time to move on. —>

Vitani
    Participant
    March 21, 2017 at 12:01 am #130663

I end up working with her Friday, she approaches me and says that she is not feeling good and we can hang out another time. At this point I gave up so I am just say okay and to hit me up whenever. She keeps smiling at me and flirting with me physically which I don’t understand. At the end of the shift she comes up to me and says she’ll contact me to hang out. What’s my move? Just ignore her? I don’t want to be toyed.

Hellophones
    Participant
    March 21, 2017 at 12:01 pm #130699

I suggest if she asks you say yes! Notice how she talks to know while hanging out and give her some time to express herself. Don’t give up so early! Remember to know a person truly you need to invest your time for them. If you have any query then surely you can contact me.

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 21, 2017 at 12:01 pm #130700

Hmm this is very confusing. I also don’t know what you want? Do you want a girlfriend or a hookup? If you just want a hookup girl, drop her and find someone else. If you want to date her, then I would give her the cold shoulder for a bit. Let what happened simmer down. You don’t want to come across as too desperate and eager. Girls like to be pursued, but not in a clingy way.

Let a week or two go by. Act nice to her, but be very general. Then go up to her two days before, ask her to dinner on the weekend. Name a day, Friday or Saturday.

I would say at this point if she bails again, one more time, then she is not interested and you need to move on. I always give people chances, but you are a fool if you give too many. Good Luck

Vitani
    Participant
    March 21, 2017 at 12:45 pm #130709

I just want to hang out with her and get to know her, I don’t want anything other than that. I was crushing on her for 6 months before this and she made it apparent in those six months that the feeling was mutual through body language and speech. I guess I will continue to give her the cold shoulder. I just don’t understand because we really had a good time. I told her I was glad I finally talked to her when we were hanging out and she said she was also glad I talked to her etc. we sort of expressed emotions towards each other and it was relatively intimate – it wasn’t just a hook up. I wish these things were more straightforward.

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 21, 2017 at 4:46 pm #130737

I think you need to stop stressing and let if flow. I do this all the time and its bad. You seem so in a hurry to make something happen instead of just taking a step back to breath. Make a solid plan to hangout with her. If she bails one more time, you have your answer. Once you make a solid plan with her to hangout, don’t be clingy. Step back. Be cordial. Act like a friend. Say hello and goodbye. Act general. Up until you hangout and then you can have fun, let loose, breath, and enjoy your time with her. If it goes well, and she seems interested then keep going. If things don’t go well, or she bails, then go looking for someone else who does want to get to know you. Actions speak louder than words. She could say she had a great time, flirt, etc…but its if she actually makes it a point to see you again that speaks volumes.

Vitani
    Participant
    March 21, 2017 at 4:55 pm #130742

Okay. I will wait for her to contact me since she was the last one to say that she would – if she doesn’t I’ll drop it. I’ll take it easy. Thank you for the advice.